Tagging System

HannahCN

Most people probably know this, but since I don't, I'll ask here:

Why is the tagging system so bad? Like I just tried to tag gem twice (in two different threads) and both failed. Like what the heck?

HannahCN said:

Why is the tagging system so bad? Like I just tried to tag gem twice (in two different threads) and both failed. Like what the heck?
I find it frustrating at times when i try tag a few people and you have to remember the exact spelling of names. It'd be easier if there was like a drop down of names once you start tagging but i don't know how easy it would be to make

gemxtria said:
I find it frustrating at times when i try tag a few people and you have to remember the exact spelling of names. It'd be easier if there was like a drop down of names once you start tagging but i don't know how easy it would be to make

That's just the thing, though. I always go back and make sure the name is spelled right when I try to tag someone. Like you can look at the Racing Anime and Soundtrack #2 threads that I tagged you in. Don't think there's anything wrong there, is there?

HannahCN said:
That's just the thing, though. I always go back and make sure the name is spelled right when I try to tag someone. Like you can look at the Racing Anime and Soundtrack #2 threads that I tagged you in. Don't think there's anything wrong there, is there?
I got the tag in racing anime but not the soundtrack one, but it seems right!

gemxtria said:
I got the tag in racing anime but not the soundtrack one, but it seems right!

Ahhh... both appeared as non-clickable to me, so I always assumed neither was working. So it's mostly just a visual issue then? That's good to know! And maybe it didn't give you both because they were posted close together?

HannahCN said:
Ahhh... both appeared as non-clickable to me, so I always assumed neither was working. So it's mostly just a visual issue then? That's good to know! And maybe it didn't give you both because they were posted close together?
Potentially! Hopefully someone can explain it to us at some point haha!

gemxtria said:
Potentially! Hopefully someone can explain it to us at some point haha!

Is anyone on the site particularly knowledgeable about the technical stuff?

HannahCN said:

poor clarie is always busy
and she doesn't have time for us hannah. but i think she will work on it later.

Blackangel said:
poor clarie is always busy
and she doesn't have time for us hannah. but i think she will work on it later.

Glad to hear that. And of course, if she's busy, she's busy. Can't fault anyone for that!

HannahCN said:
Glad to hear that. And of course, if she's busy, she's busy. Can't fault anyone for that!

yes lol
and she is always overworking. i feel like she need more time for herself lol

I agree about this topic. The tagging system seriously needs a bit of maintenance so to speak ..not sure if anyone other than clara can do it though

CryingClown said:
Well.. if they were not set tagged i usually tag again and again until it work lol

Most of the plugins we are are pretty outdated.
I will ask Claraviolet to look into this and hopefully we could get something else that works

Star_Of_Hope said:
Most of the plugins we are are pretty outdated.
I will ask Claraviolet to look into this and hopefully we could get something else that works

That sounds good, it's not expensive right..

CryingClown said:
That sounds good, it's not expensive right..

No unless we are talking about custom or premium plugins.
I don't have any idea regarding those technical details. Will have to check with Claraviolet about it.

Back