Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Silver_Fox

Banned
At last i watch Macross until the end

Watching Macross now and 24 years ago is totally different. Back then i was a teen boy that only care about watching jet fighter transform into a mecha, but now.. i trully understand how good Macross trully is

The main theme of this anime is romance and war, and both theme get proportional balance. The main story is about alien invasion to earth, the Zentradi, and how the earth and Macross crew repel their invasion. Yup very simple, but despite of having war as main theme, this series also voices sentiment anti-war, using cultural interaction to end the conflict rather than using violence

The second theme is about love triangle. Really? A love triangle In the middle of space war? Yea that's Macross for you haha.. okay so the love story' in Macross is a good one, very good. It's a depressing and complicated relationship between Hikaru, Misa and Minmay, i'll make special thread just for them

Everything else about this story like pace, story telling, perspective are all standard. One thing.. some scenes actually need to re-write to give more details to put more emphasize as they give significant to the entire series

There are lot of characters on this series, besides the trio protagonists there are characters like Roy Focker, Claudia, Maximilian Jenius, Captain Global, Kaifun, Commander Brital and Excedol which each one of them possessed unique personality and trait like womanizer Focker, annoying Kaifun and genius Max. But of course the most interesting one is Hikaru, Misa and Minmay, it's really interesting to see their struggle to settle the love triangle between them especially Misa and Minmay

Take note that Macross series is well known for their soundtrack, as the original series this one is the one that start it. Minmay is a pop idol so there will be a lot of good song to hear, if your ears familiar with 80's tunes of course hahaha..

Well despite all the good stuff of course Macross is not perfect. This series seems like a drag from episode 28 to 36, it's anticlimatic, i think.. it's should be done in 4 or 5 episodes maximum because that parts is only how the series wrapped things up between Hikaru, Misa and Minmay, and.. it feels like it just another epilouge after the climatic battle against main force of the Zentradi.

Well that's all for now. Macross is very good. Maybe some people will get discourage after see the production year, 1982, yes i admit the animation is old and not exciting for today's standard, but if you can overcome animation barrier then you'll get anime with good story. I recommend this anime if you have some free time to spare

Back