Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
EA Play was available for 1$ for a month and this along with a few other games were in the library so I decided to check it out.

Plot:
Cal, a Padawan who survived the events of Revenge of the Sith, must become a Jedi and rebuild the order.

The game is focused on melee combat, exploration and platforming. 

Pros:
Story and characters are solid
Great environment and art direction
Level Design was decent
Really liked the combat and enemy variety but a few aspects didn't quite click with me, especially force powers
Platforming improves as you start getting more powers
Music is pretty epic from time to time
Good Graphics
The second half is better than first half, after you learn more abilities

Cons:
This game has severe technical issues on base PS4
Pop-in pretty much everywhere, especially when you enter a new area
Frame rate tanks when there's lots of draw distance heavy places or when there's lots of enemies
FPS tanks in effects heavy scenes as well
Loading times are atrocious
Loot in this game is the most idiotic thing I've ever seen, most loot is cosmetic and made exploration pointless at times

Overall, this is a decent game marred by a lot of technical issues on my base PS4. Not glitches, but performance issues. So I have to give it 2.5/5.

I recommend playing it on a PC with an SSD or on a next gen console, which runs at 60FPS without these issues. There's also rumours about a native next gen version so maybe wait till that. If I had played the game there I probably would have given it 3.5/5.

Explain to me why people said this game had souls like combat. I sure as hell don't see it.

Burnsy said:
Explain to me why people said this game had souls like combat. I sure as hell don't see it.

Gameplay is basically dodge, block, parry and attack(light/heavy) with stamina. And save system is like bonfires where you have meditation points which maxes your health and items but regenerates enemies everywhere.

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for because I haven't played Dark Souls.

Demon_skeith said:
Hopefully they address the performance issues with future updates.

Don't see it happening it's a smooth 60 FPS on PS5. Base PS4 is just too weak. It's been 1.5 years since the game released after all.

MadaraUchiha said:
Don't see it happening it's a smooth 60 FPS on PS5. Base PS4 is just too weak. It's been 1.5 years since the game released after all.

there are some games that get patches year and years later, its rare but can happen.

Demon_skeith said:
there are some games that get patches year and years later, its rare but can happen.

Yeah I hope so but they have to make drastic cutbacks for that to happen.

Back