Staff section

Shaurya

Yo everyone!

We have a staff section now. Only the admins, super moderators and moderators can see and access it. However the threads posted in that section will appear in our 'latest threads' section.
Untitled1.png

If you try to access the content of the thread you will be redirected to a 'no permissions' page. You might find that annoying. We can't change the code for the latest threads plugin because it is written by someone else and we don't want to tamper it. It might have some copy righted issues. We can remove that plugin if you want.

You can always use the forum stats to see the latest threads
Untitled.png

Tell us what you think =)

So even a regular member sees the same latest threads as a staff member? Did you check this by logging out?

MelloLily said:
So even a regular member sees the same latest threads as a staff member? Did you check this by logging out?

Oi oi! Who do you think I am? A grade schooler? >. <
Of course I checked. Besides I didn't even have to log out. All I had to do was hit Ctrl+Shift+N in my Chrome and open our website.

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, that would be a bit annoying for the other members.............

I know. We can disable that plugin but I don't think the other members will like it -.-

@[Shaurya] Well, they won't be able to access it..........So, there is no point in displaying those threads.........

MadaraUchiha said:
@[Shaurya] Well, they won't be able to access it..........So, there is no point in displaying those threads.........

We're not displaying them because we want to. The plugin just displays all the latest threads. We can't change that. The only thing we can do is disable the plugin ._.

don't remove any plugins...if they are redirected to no permission page it would best to redirect them to this page,so that they can understand whats this about

smoker said:
don't remove any plugins...if they are redirected to no permission page it would best to redirect them to this page,so that they can understand whats this about

That is not possible -_- If we set a page where we want all the members to be redirected to when they click on a staff section thread, it will become our default page for redirection. Even if the thread is in other sections, they'll be redirected to that page. It'll make the 'latest threads' plugin useless >.<

hey keep threads from this section away from the latest threads column

one thread pops up that seems interesting and i cannot read it

NightBaron said:

That is not possible T.T
You read my post. The users have to ignore the staff section threads or we'll have to disable the latest threads plugin.

NightBaron said:

We can't do that .Like I said, we can only disable the latest threads plugin completely (_ _)

NightBaron said:
well thanks for looking into it

=)
We're thinking of replacing the latest threads plugin with some custom boxes that contain information. You can access the latest threads from the Forum stats. We haven't decided on what the boxes might contain though o_O

NightBaron said:
Show info like

"Nightbaron is the best there is"

'Some say he is god"

"He is dubbed the miracle man"

Jk:p

Nope. We should put up something like "Shaurya is a good person and everyone should join her crew" :angel:

Back