Sports related anime

Mansi14

I was never much into sports genre but recently I watched KnB and it makes me feel I want to watch sports in anime.
A short anime will be good (short is approx. 50 episodes at max. for me)
I am interested in Soccer, Football and Basketball but nevertheless anything else is fine too!
So recommendations people?

I haven't seen any sports anime yet. But I've heard people praising Major series (look it up here http://myanimelist.net/anime/627/Major_S1 ), Yowamushi Pedal, Ace of Diamond (this one exceeds your episode count limit ._.). Haikyuu is probably the most popular sports anime at the moment, maybe you'll like it o_O

Sindar said:
I haven't seen any sports anime yet. But I've heard people praising Major series (look it up here http://myanimelist.net/anime/627/Major_S1 ), Yowamushi Pedal, Ace of Diamond (this one exceeds your episode count limit ._.). Haikyuu is probably the most popular sports anime at the moment, maybe you'll like it o_O
Haikyuu is about sports! :0 I heard about it few times but didn't even think it was about sports >.>

I know I can and I will :p

My top 10 sports anime @Mansi14

1).Hajime No Ippo
2).Kuroko no basketball
3).Haikyuu!!
4).Diamond no ace
5).Gaint killing
6).Major series(going rewatch today)
7).Ookiku Furikabutte
8).One outs
9).Yowamushi Pedal
10). capeta and eyeshield 21

smoker said:
My top 10 sports anime @Mansi14

1).Hajime No Ippo
2).Kuroko no basketball
3).Haikyuu!!
4).Diamond no ace
5).Gaint killing
6).Major series(going rewatch today)
7).Ookiku Furikabutte
8).One outs
9).Yowamushi Pedal
10). capeta and eyeshield 21

Okay so now I have a lot to watch already xD

Have you ever seen Initial D? If you like racing/cars this is a pretty awesome show. I used to watch this with my older brother. He took it a step further and even read the mangas.

Thank you for your recommendations everyone.
I got busy all of a sudden so I think I won't be able to watch this all anytime soon but I will add them in my watch list.

Jinjer said:
since everyone's beaten me to mentioning ippo, i'll throw in slam dunk instead

Personally i think slam dunk is better that ippo. I don't know why people go gaga over ippo.

hajime no ippo is an earnest underdog story with manly man-drama on top of it, meanwhile slam dunk is more or less a comedy about a newb who thinks he's a genius at basketball

and, well, people like their manly man-dramas

Jinjer said:
hajime no ippo is an earnest underdog story with manly man-drama on top of it, meanwhile slam dunk is more or less a comedy about a newb who thinks he's a genius at basketball

and, well, people like their manly man-dramas

You have to admit that he is a genius.
Sakuragi is equal to rukawa in a way.

Back