ejUfzJe.jpg

NightBaron said:
smoker said:
We are trying to make forum clean

there are some spammers who still spam

THATS NOT THE POINT
there were no admins last night dude
all gone at the same time

So is the issue that you think there should be at least one admin on at all times?

NightBaron said:
MelloLily said:
NightBaron said:
smoker said:

THATS NOT THE POINT

So is the issue that you think there should be at least one admin on at all times?
ATLEAST 2

That's impossible. They're people and have lives, there can never be a guarantee that there will be one on at all times, let alone two.

MelloLily said:
NightBaron said:
smoker said:

THATS NOT THE POINT

It's not impossible. I mean, we are in different time zones after all.

MelloLily said:
That's impossible. They're people and have lives, there can never be a guarantee that there will be one on at all times, let alone two.

YEAH SO WHAT WERE THEY MADE ADMINS FOR?

X-Caster said:
MelloLily said:
NightBaron said:
smoker said:

THATS NOT THE POINT

It's not impossible. I mean, we are in different time zones after all.

But that doesn't guarantee someone will be on at all times. By the way, he said admin, and all the admins are in India.

NightBaron said:
MelloLily said:

YEAH SO WHAT WERE THEY MADE ADMINS FOR?

Is this your first time on a forum?

And I don't know if you mean just admins or admins and moderators.

Say if you're including the moderators as well, it is still not a guarantee. You could have 100 moderators and have time frames when none of them are on (and I have seen this happen. I used to be an admin on a forum with 25k members (no bots) and at least 10k of them logged in every day. And I saw moments when there were no staff on (out of about 200 staff) except for me. Yet all the staff were active and logged in every day.)

smoker said:

Say if you're including the moderators as well, it is still not a guarantee. You could have 100 moderators and have time frames when none of them are on (and I have seen this happen. I used to be an admin on a forum with 25k members (no bots) and at least 10k of them logged in every day. And I saw moments when there were no staff on (out of about 200 staff) except for me. Yet all the staff were active and logged in every day.)

I am talking about everyone here(admins,mods and whoever else u have)

that is by no means impossible
a mod,admin whatever has to devote time to the forum
and u have some 8 mods
is it so difficult to have atleast 2 ppl always available?
ok even if u can"t get 2 at least 1?

NightBaron said:
smoker said:

and u have some 8 mods

I cannot speak for the other staff members, but I personally have this site up at all times when online and constantly refresh it to check for new postings. The only reason why I wasn't on yesterday was because of a day trip. What more can you expect from us? Each and every one of the staff are trying their best and are doing a fairly good job keeping up with these bots coming on. But you cannot expect us to put our lives on hold for a forum. Many of us are college students. I'll also point out that if the ratio of staff to members are too high, than a forum can collapse. It is best to have more active members than staff members.

If you cannot understand this concept, than I am sorry we have come to a disagreement on this. But shouting every other post (I can only assume you're shouting since you're talking in all caps) is not going to help matters, and frankly, was uncalled for.

MelloLily said:
NightBaron said:
smoker said:

and u have some 8 mods

I cannot speak for the other staff members, but I personally have this site up at all times when online and constantly refresh it to check for new postings. The only reason why I wasn't on yesterday was because of a day trip. What more can you expect from us? Each and every one of the staff are trying their best and are doing a fairly good job keeping up with these bots coming on. But you cannot expect us to put our lives on hold for a forum. Many of us are college students. I'll also point out that if the ratio of staff to members are too high, than a forum can collapse. It is best to have more active members than staff members.

If you cannot understand this concept, than I am sorry we have come to a disagreement on this. But shouting every other post (I can only assume you're shouting since you're talking in all caps) is not going to help matters, and frankly, was uncalled for.

ya whatever
I was a fool that I made this thread

NightBaron said:
ya whatever
I was a fool that I made this thread

It is not a fool idea to bring up concerns and ideas. We just ask that civil conversations are maintained.

NightBaron said:
god knows how many admins u have got
but seriously??
F4SoWe7.jpg

not a single admin
and this is what happens
ejUfzJe.jpg

Yea there are alot xDD
But the mods will fix it someday :Cat1:

We're trying to reduce the spammers =)
Our internet has been very bad lately. It is taking my browser like 15 minutes to load a webpage T.T
So we might not be able to ban them like we used to. We're working on ways to stop these spammers. Give us some time =)

Shaurya said:
We're trying to reduce the spammers =)
Our internet has been very bad lately. It is taking my browser like 15 minutes to load a webpage T.T
So we might not be able to ban them like we used to. We're working on ways to stop these spammers. Give us some time =)

sure

Meh... I'm trying. If some humans weren't so dense we'd have this spamming problem solved. But no one wants to listen. Not calling any names.

X-Caster said:
Meh... I'm trying. If some humans weren't so dense we'd have this spamming problem solved. But no one wants to listen. Not calling any names.

It is true that we have 3 admins and 5 mods but at least one mod being online at any given time isn't possible. Even if we tried to divide them into time slices and adjust our schedules, each of us will have to be online for at least 3 hours everyday. Most of us are still students and we can't afford to spend three hours for the site everyday. I try to spend at least one hour here everyday and that is about the best I can do. I have to take care of my projects and complete all my assignments. I won't be able to spend that 1 hour I usually spend here during tests. So we're trying to find other ways to stop the spammers. Just be patient until then and try to report spam posts in the meanwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back