So you think the site is slow?

I think I used to think the same but today I was able to navigate right away.
Did Clara fix it?
 
Yeah it seems to still be slow for me. It was much slower last week, I wonder if the ads have something to do with it? Maybe they're taking up too many resources?
 
I just noticed how slow this site seems to load compared to other sites I visit. So, I decided to some poking around. Granted, I'm not an IT person, but I do know tools a bit. I ran a basic tracert on my own forum versus this one. It appears that some of my problem is a bottleneck with Xfinity, but, there's definitely something lagging connecting to here once the Xfinity bottleneck is passed.

My Tracert:
2026-09-24 06_42_09-.png

This site's Tracert:
2026-09-24 06_45_09-.png

Granted, I'm connected to the Internet using my PC with a Wifi Router setup (I don't have the money to invest in a CAT 5 (or is it 6 now?) network cable of the length I'd need, nor have the capability to hide said cable because I'd have to run the cable from the far side of my bedroom to the far side of my living room in my apartment.), so that could explain the initial lag. But comparing the two sites, there's definitely some lag going on with where this site is hosted compared to where my site is hosted (I use ICDSoft.com as a host)
 
My first instinct would be to check if you guys updated any plugin or the forum software itself recently. maybe there was a change there that caused the lag.
I haven't been here consistently and the day I had problems with MAF I also had problems in a different community so I just chalked it to my internet provider.

Tonight it feels like it is working okay.
 
Back
Top