Security Question, Registration time, and Akismet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa Zoro

Hi, It's Zoro again.

I noticed in the advertising section that many of them were automated spams that go to bunch of forums to either make a lot of accounts to spam or advertise their site a lot. It is likely that all the ads are coming from one single source.

I have had this issue many times before. So I recommend Clara or one of the admins to get a plugin that adds a security question on the registration page and you can add your own questions related to Anime which will be hard for bots to figure out.

Another useful plugin is a registration timer that blocks people from registering if the registration form is done under 5 seconds because humans can't complete the form in under 5 seconds.

If you don't already have, try getting akismet which shows you which posts are spam and which are not. I found it useful over the course of my forum.

If you can't get all three for some reason, at least get the one that you really need.

Thank you for hearing all these suggestions.

-Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro said:
Hi, It's Zoro again.

I noticed in the advertising section that many of them were automated spams that go to bunch of forums to either make a lot of accounts to spam or advertise their site a lot. It is likely that all the ads are coming from one single source.

I have had this issue many times before. So I recommend Clara or one of the admins to get a plugin that adds a security question on the registration page and you can add your own questions related to Anime which will be hard for bots to figure out.

Another useful plugin is a registration timer that blocks people from registering if the registration is done under seconds because humans can't complete the form in under 5 seconds.

If you don't already have, try getting akismet which shows you which posts are spam and which are not. I found it useful over the course of my forum.

If you can't get all three for some reason, at least get the one that you really need.

Thank you for hearing all these suggestions.

-Roronoa Zoro

You are worthy of being Zoro :bow:

We enabled Akismet a long time ago and the users also have to enter a CAPTCHA to register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back