Samurai 8, failed

MoonlightShadow

V.I.P. Member
Top Poster Of Month
This morning i found an interesting video. It's about Samurai 8, authored by Kishimoto (you all already know who he is), and how the series failed. I read the comment section and basicly.. everyone is agreeing Samurai 8 is a failure

See? I'm sure i've already said this before.. mainstream battle shonen author is not that good, they only capable to make one 'good' series in their carreer. Most of them.. when they make other series, it's suck, they lack consistency

Last edited:
Never heard of it before.
Did Kishi really make it? He passed on his own brilliant work of Naruto series to someone and he wouldn't have time and energy to create a new one.

Never heard of it before.
Did Kishi really make it? He passed on his own brilliant work of Naruto series to someone and he wouldn't have time and energy to create a new one.
Even you never heard of it. And yes he directly make that one after Naruto finished

I hadn't heard of this either, but then again I am not an avid Naruto consumer. I guess because of the author it was unavoidable it was going to be pit against Naruto, and that is a tall shadow to overcome. So it is not surprise that if people went expecting to find something like Naruto and if this story diverts from that formula it was probably going to get resistance.

i don't get it lol. why would kishi abandon boruto the successful manga and pick something new?
Some people don't like feeling boxed into one thing. I am guessing that originally Naruto was one of many tales he wanted to express and due to the success probably was pressed to continue well beyond the point he would had done on his own. it remind me of celebrities that get typecasted in the same kind of movie roles and are trying to break free from that. Like some comedians trying to take on a thriller or drama.

Maybe if Boruto was as successful, he wouldn't have been able to try doing anything else.

I hadn't heard of this either, but then again I am not an avid Naruto consumer. I guess because of the author it was unavoidable it was going to be pit against Naruto, and that is a tall shadow to overcome. So it is not surprise that if people went expecting to find something like Naruto and if this story diverts from that formula it was probably going to get resistance.

Some people don't like feeling boxed into one thing. I am guessing that originally Naruto was one of many tales he wanted to express and due to the success probably was pressed to continue well beyond the point he would had done on his own. it remind me of celebrities that get typecasted in the same kind of movie roles and are trying to break free from that. Like some comedians trying to take on a thriller or drama.

Maybe if Boruto was as successful, he wouldn't have been able to try doing anything else.
This kind of expectations makes battle shonen formula is barely change after all these years

makes a lot of sense lol
if it's only about money people can't live to the fullest and they need something that could satisfy them

Back