Romanian comic books

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
Romania hasn't really been a country where comic books were considered popular in the past... We had a communist history, so we were not exactly opened to adopting elements from other cultures...

Recently though, in the past few years, several comic book magazines have been launched in Romania. They are made by local artists. I want to show you some screenshots of them. Tell me what you think. Do you like the style?

Do they have any kind of division/specialization? Like do they have comic magazines for different age groups like they do in Japan?

Also wanna ask, what genres they publish?

Shaurya said:
They look nice *-* Are all the pages in color?

do you know how to read romanian my lady?
color pages cost a ton so there won't be many pages in any country except for special editions xD

Sebastian said:
do you know how to read romanian my lady?
color pages cost a ton so there won't be many pages in any country except for special editions xD

No I don't :3
Try reading Dice: The Cube That Changes Everything. All the pages are in color and the art is pretty cool. Well I only read a few chapters so I don't know if it is worth your time yet.

Shaurya said:
No I don't :3
Try reading Dice: The Cube That Changes Everything. All the pages are in color and the art is pretty cool. Well I only read a few chapters so I don't know if it is worth your time yet.

is it of supernatural genre my lady?
if it isn't worth my time, i don't wanna read it xD
you better stop reading that my lady xD

alakazam said:
Yup. All the pages are in color. And it is released once a month. It costs about $4 ...

Wow. That's pretty awesome. Are there any comics you read regularly?

Shaurya said:
alakazam said:
Yup. All the pages are in color. And it is released once a month. It costs about $4 ...

Wow. That's pretty awesome. Are there any comics you read regularly?

I'm more of an animation / anime type of guy. I prefer to watch animated shows and anime series instead of reading comics. Mostly because I'm poor and can't afford to buy comics.

alakazam said:
I'm more of an animation / anime type of guy. I prefer to watch animated shows and anime series instead of reading comics. Mostly because I'm poor and can't afford to buy comics.

I don't buy comics/manga either ._. I just read them online :lost:

Shaurya said:
I don't buy comics/manga either ._. I just read them online :lost:
Don't you want to buy them to support the authors?

Testaccount said:
Don't you want to buy them to support the authors?

I do but I can't get them in any of the local book stores. I'll have to order them online and the cost of the books and the shipping cost is more than what I am willing to pay.
I did buy the two Moribito light novels though :angel:

Shaurya said:
I do but I can't get them in any of the local book stores. I'll have to order them online and the cost of the books and the shipping cost is more than what I am willing to pay.
I did buy the two Moribito light novels though :angel:
You have never bought manga before? Light novels aren't the same as manga.

Shaurya said:
Cut me some slack. I am a poor otaku :dying1:
Aren't you the admin here?
Maintaining a website takes lots of money and time.
I still can't believe the blog you guys established.
Isn't it too difficult?

Testaccount said:
Isn't it too difficult?

I think Clara pays for the site's hosting... And yeah, it is usually pretty expensive to host a forum...

alakazam said:
I think Clara pays for the site's hosting... And yeah, it is usually pretty expensive to host a forum...
They are family so pretty much the money comes from the three main admins.
I looked at themes.
Why are they too damn costly? I didn't know that hosting a forum can eat away your expenses.

Testaccount said:
Isn't it too difficult?

Okay. I admit it. I am not a pauper :p

I do buy books. Most of them are crime novels that I can get at the local book store. I don't like the idea of ordering a book and then waiting for it to arrive. And manga is not that common here and the books cost more than what I feel like paying :3

Shaurya said:
Okay. I admit it. I am not a pauper :p

I do buy books. Most of them are crime novels that I can get at the local book store. I don't like the idea of ordering a book and then waiting for it to arrive. And manga is not that common here and the books cost more than what I feel like paying :3

Manga books are cheap in some online libraries. Want me to give you some links?

Testaccount said:
Manga books are cheap in some online libraries. Want me to give you some links?

Sure. By the way if they are 'online' libraries wouldn't it be no different from reading them from manga websites? o_O

Also I wanted to ask you TestAccount, why are you a TestAccount? :p

Back