Recommend an anime

Keranov

Hi everyone! Can someone of you recommend me an anime? I would like to start watching anime and see if I like it.
I don't know if there are any particular genres but please make sure it's an interesting one.

Thanks you all in advance! Have a nice day.

I don't really know what you're into but if you have never seen an anime before I think Death Note is something good to start with. The first anime I saw was Cowbow Bebop which was mainly what got me into anime.

Risk said:
I don't really know what you're into but if you have never seen an anime before I think Death Note is something good to start with. The first anime I saw was Cowbow Bebop which was mainly what got me into anime.

That's surprising to hear that but death note is usually the anime, that make people get into anime most of the time. Did you watch code geass, psycho pass, psychic detective yakumo, detective conan as well?

Death Note is usually the go-to anime if you want to get into anime. It's fast-paced, thrilling, exhilarating and has amazing characters, voice-acting, soundtrack and visuals. It's really accessible to someone who's not yet into the medium.
You can watch it in Japanese(with English subtitles), or in English dubbed, both of them are amazing(usually, at least for anime before 2012, the English dub have been pretty bad, however for anime that are relatively new, you can safely watch it in English).
It's 37 episodes long.

If you want a movie, I recommend Spirited Away.

Other introductory anime recommendations: Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, and of course, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball and One Piece.

MadaraUchiha said:
Death Note is usually the go-to anime if you want to get into anime. It's fast-paced, thrilling, exhilarating and has amazing characters, voice-acting, soundtrack and visuals. It's really accessible to someone who's not yet into the medium.
You can watch it in Japanese(with English subtitles), or in English dubbed, both of them are amazing(usually, at least for anime before 2012, the English dub have been pretty bad, however for anime that are relatively new, you can safely watch it in English).

Looks like everyone's first choice for a newbie, to get into anime, is always 'death note'
I thought you would be recommending attack on titan this time MadaraUchiha or at least gintama, as you seem to like it so much.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Looks like everyone's first choice for a newbie, to get into anime, is always 'death note'
I thought you would be recommending attack on titan this time MadaraUchiha or at least gintama, as you seem to like it so much.

Well, there's a reason why Death Note is the most popular short anime out there.
And, I recommended Attack on Titan too.
Gin Tama, is just, too much, and if somebody new starts watching it, they might be taken aback by how balls to the wall its humor is so it's not as good a recommendation as say, something like Naruto or Dragon Ball. I do like it a lot, yes, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone since I admit, it's not for everyone.

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, there's a reason why Death Note is the most popular short anime out there.
And, I recommended Attack on Titan too.
Gin Tama, is just, too much, and if somebody new starts watching it, they might be taken aback by how balls to the wall its humor is so it's not as good a recommendation as say, something like Naruto or Dragon Ball. I do like it a lot, yes, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone since I admit, it's not for everyone.

I see. I am aware of gintama's popularity as well and many people are sad that it's in it's final arc. Even shaurya likes it a lot that it's her favorite anime of all time.
She would watch the same episodes over and over again.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see. I am aware of gintama's popularity as well and many people are sad that it's in it's final arc. Even shaurya likes it a lot that it's her favorite anime of all time.
She would watch the same episodes over and over again.

I wouldn't say I like it that much, but yeah I like it a lot, though it took some time for me to adjust to its wild style(about 30 episodes). But I guess with Gintama ending, almost all the old long-running shonen manga are over, with the exception of One Piece(which will go on forever), and Hunter x Hunter(or Hiatus x Hiatus).

MadaraUchiha said:
I wouldn't say I like it that much, but yeah I like it a lot, though it took some time for me to adjust to its wild style(about 30 episodes). But I guess with Gintama ending, almost all the old long-running shonen manga are over, with the exception of One Piece(which will go on forever), and Hunter x Hunter(or Hiatus x Hiatus).

I thought it would be your favorite anime just like, how shaurya came to like it so much after 200 episodes or so. Isn't fairy tail still ongoing? I am not following it but I am pretty sure that they started it's release during 2017. One piece, would be approaching the final arc very soon too.
Oda wanted to complete it in his lifetime.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I thought it would be your favorite anime just like, how shaurya came to like it so much after 200 episodes or so. Isn't fairy tail still ongoing? I am not following it but I am pretty sure that they started it's release during 2017. One piece, would be approaching the final arc very soon too.
Oda wanted to complete it in his lifetime.

Fairy Tail manga got over in 2017. The final season of the anime starts this year.
I'm not sure whether it'd become my favourite anime after 200 episodes. For me, it takes only a few episodes to register.
Oda said only 70% is complete at some point. We still have the reverie arc, the wano arc, and everything left, so there's still quite a few years left in the tank.

MadaraUchiha said:
Fairy Tail manga got over in 2017. The final season of the anime starts this year.
I'm not sure whether it'd become my favourite anime after 200 episodes. For me, it takes only a few episodes to register.
Oda said only 70% is complete at some point. We still have the reverie arc, the wano arc, and everything left, so there's still quite a few years left in the tank.

I didn't know that at all. Guess I will have to follow anime news now and then.
Well, do tell us what you think about it, after watching 200 episodes. Yes 70%. So, it might be completed in the coming 10 years or so. It's long but not that long.

Star_Of_Hope said:
That's surprising to hear that but death note is usually the anime, that make people get into anime most of the time. Did you watch code geass, psycho pass, psychic detective yakumo, detective conan as well?

I didn't watch death not for a while after i started watching anime and yes i have seen psycho pass i have also heard of code geass, i havent heard of the others though.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I didn't know that at all. Guess I will have to follow anime news now and then.
Well, do tell us what you think about it, after watching 200 episodes. Yes 70%. So, it might be completed in the coming 10 years or so. It's long but not that long.

I'm at episode 138 right now, and I've put it on-hold since I have other things to watch. I'll be continuing it in April. And, yeah, the first big season of Gintama gets over at episode 201, so I'll be sure to inform you guys.
Yeah, and there's still a lot of interesting stories left to be told, so hopefully he gives everything in a satisfying way.

They are all detective anime and I like all of them and I haven't completed watching detective conan but it's good. 
Watch code geass first if possible. It's almost like death note. I would also recommend youjo senki, kemono no souja erin, seirei no moribito, kyou kara ore wa, natsume yujncho.
They are really good :D

if you are into yaoi and shonen ai, i will give you many recommendations. if you don't know these genres, google them and try out seven days manga.

Back