Staff member
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]One Piece Forums
Full Review by Bazinga![/font]

[/size][/align]

[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Scoring:[/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small]
firstimpression.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]First Impressions & Appearance – (14 out of 20)[/font]
[/size]
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I got a pretty decent first impression when I looked at "One Piece" for the first time. There are some good things and some not so good things about your forum that we need to go over but I'm not going to be posting them here in this section. They will be brought up during the rest of your review so that I don't sound like a broken record. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small]
layout_edit.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Site Layout – (15 out of 20)[/font]
[/size]
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The forum is laid out in a pretty good manner. Everything seems nice and tidy, which is something I like to see. I can't stand not being able to find my way around a forum, site or blog. Just a pet peeve of mine, sorry. One thing I would change, I wouldn't have the advertising area in the off topic section of the forum. If you are going to allow other members to advertise on your forum, and it's perfectly fine if you let members do that, then I would have an advertising section where members do nothing but advertise. I don't really feel that the advertising area belongs in the off topic section of the forum because I feel that the off topic section is strictly just for allowing members to hold discussions that don't exactly have anything to do with the forum niche'. If you are willing to let members advertise, then have an area by itself for advertising. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small]
stats.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Statistics and Activity – (11 out of 20)[/font]
[/size]
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]At the time of this review, you have 19541 posts, 1005 threads and 167 members. That isn't bad statistics for a forum that has only be open for about 7 months. One thing that I usually suggest is doing exchanges with other members but I believe that you are already working on that. Something else you could try would be making a Twitter account or a Facebook page for your forum. Then you can reach a whole new crowd with social media. I know you can get a lot more traffic for your forum using that and be able to find members that are interested in anime. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small]
pencil.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Content – (11 out of 20)[/font]
[/size]
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I know that your forum is anime based with an off topic section. Your forum isn't the only forum out there that discusses anime so you'll need to do something different in order to attract members. Once you attract more members, your content will go up. Right now, you content is kind of on the average side of things. It isn't bad but it isn't great either. You and your staff can create some of the content but there is only so much you staff can do when they are also having to moderate around the forum and ensure that things don't get out of hand. So you need to advertise and get your forum out there in order to attract more members, especially members that have an interest in anime. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small]
spellcheck.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Spelling/Grammar & Professionalism – (11 out of 20)[/font]
[/size]
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]As far as professionalism goes, I've noticed one thing. I was looking at a thread in your video game section. I noticed that one member wrote "Btw, where can I view the alerts?" in a thread discussing each members favorite video game. I noticed that everyone else in that thread actually discussed their favorite video games, which was the intention of the topic starter. I don't feel like a post like this belongs in this thread and it should have been separated and trashed or deleted altogether. Then the staff needs to have a discussion with this individual in a private message about what is acceptable to post in a topic like this. If this individual continues this action, then a different action needs to be taken. Posts like this do not contribute to the topic at hand and can cause a thread to completely stray from it's original intentions very quickly if left unattended by staff. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Also, when it comes to grammar and spelling, I wouldn't allow text speak or chat speak. If you have members that aren't native speakers of English and only speak English as a second language, the something like the post mentioned above might confuse then. Then that could lead the thread off topic again with questions about what that person is saying and that would just lead to more work for the staff to have to deal with. I just believe that the staff need to have more of a presence around the forum to avoid such things from becoming problems and getting out of hand. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Total Score - (62 out of 100)[/font]
[/size][/align]

[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Final Remarks:[/font]
[/size]
[size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I think, with some adjustments here and there, you can have a really great anime forum. You seem passionate about anime and passionate forum owners tend to work harder. Don't give up on your forum and your forum will reward you. [/font]
[/size]

[size=x-small]
mostliked.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Strengths:[/font]
[/size]

• - The layout of the forum looks good.- Easy to navigate forum.
[size=x-small]
disliked.png
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Weaknesses:[/font]
[/size]

• - Staff needs to be more attentive to what is going on in certain areas. - Add more and better content to help attract more members.

Looks like we have improved a little. Now, staff please visit the staff discussions section.​

Well there's something to work on and work towards isn't there? It's always good to have a target and a goal. At least the review shows where the forum needs to be heading.

Baz said:
Well there's something to work on and work towards isn't there? It's always good to have a target and a goal. At least the review shows where the forum needs to be heading.

Yes :D

Back