Real tragedy anime

N

Nel

I would like some anime with real tragedies like thousands of people dying.
Something like 

1. No 6
2. Wolf's rain

If there were so many characters dying they would just be background characters or just claimed to be killed so what difference does that make on the story?

BurnsyCEO said:
If there were so many characters dying they would just be background characters or just claimed to be killed so what difference does that make on the story?

BurnsyCEO said:
Drifters,hellsing, evangelion. Someting like those?

I have watched Hellsing. I don't think it's a dark anime only anime with lots of killing

Evangelion certainly fits your description. And, I need a clarification again. Do you specifically need an anime in which thousands of people die, or do you want an anime that say, has a tragic ending, or is in and of itself, a tragedy?
For example, Angel Beats, Higurashi no Naku koro ni, are somewhat tragic, but, Angel Beats doesn't have thousands of people dying. Higurashi has such things, though. It's also excellent.
Even Magi has elements like that. But, it's not 'dark'. It's serious, but not dark.

MadaraUchiha said:
Evangelion certainly fits your description. And, I need a clarification again. Do you specifically need an anime in which thousands of people die, or do you want an anime that say, has a tragic ending, or is in and of itself, a tragedy?
For example, Angel Beats, Higurashi no Naku koro ni, are somewhat tragic, but, Angel Beats doesn't have thousands of people dying. Higurashi has such things, though. It's also excellent.
Even Magi has elements like that. But, it's not 'dark'. It's serious, but not dark.
I would like an anime where people are killed without mercy and treated inhumanly. If my conditions is met then, I am fine with either tragic anime

Thank you. I didn't expect do many recommendations. Why do you think aot is tragic

Nel said:
Thank you. I didn't expect do many recommendations. Why do you think aot is tragic
Most of the characters expect to die, a lot actually do die or lose their close friends, no one has much hope, people as a whole lose, the future is dark, and even the enemies turn out to be mistreated outcasts. There is really nothing bright about it =)

Sindar said:
Most of the characters expect to die, a lot actually do die or lose their close friends, no one has much hope, people as a whole lose, the future is dark, and even the enemies turn out to be mistreated outcasts. There is really nothing bright about it =)

Back