Reading manga online

Blackrose said:
@ace exactly and it's nice to be able to help them in this way in return for all of their hard work.
also mostly the adds aren't intrusive and you can read comfortably so it's a win win

yup. The only ads i hate are the ones that pop open a new tab but not alot do that.

Ace said:
yup. The only ads i hate are the ones that pop open a new tab but not alot do that.

That and the ones that just pop up in the middle of watching something for me..I don't mind the ones that are hovering about

Blackrose said:
@ace exactly and it's nice to be able to help them in this way in return for all of their hard work.
also mostly the adds aren't intrusive and you can read comfortably so it's a win win

Yeah it is good. As I said though, I would prefer it not to be in the middle of my watching or reading something..something I can scroll past I have no problem with

Blackrose said:
Yeah it is good. As I said though, I would prefer it not to be in the middle of my watching or reading something..something I can scroll past I have no problem with
Those popups are the most annoying. I too never mind the fixed ads which don't hamper our reading. Just like in mangago.

I think i've just realised recently that paying for manga helps everyone. Imagine you spent years writing a book or a manga... creating a movie or a tv show only to not make any money from it. You spent time and money doing something and you get nothing back

That's how all these writers feel when you read their cheap remakes online

Razor1911 said:
Those popups are the most annoying. I too never mind the fixed ads which don't hamper our reading. Just like in mangago.

Yup that's great

gemxtria said:
I think i've just realised recently that paying for manga helps everyone. Imagine you spent years writing a book or a manga... creating a movie or a tv show only to not make any money from it. You spent time and money doing something and you get nothing back

That's how all these writers feel when you read their cheap remakes online

Exactly and it's really sad to do all that work and get nothing back.

Blackrose said:
Yup that's great

Exactly and it's really sad to do all that work and get nothing back.

Already they earn in thousands. I don't think even if we don't pay directly that will effect them that much.

Razor1911 said:
Already they earn in thousands. I don't think even if we don't pay directly that will effect them that much.
I think you'd be surprised how much they really earn... you think because i'm in a band that regularly plays shows and tours i make thousands? I haven't made a penny, ever

gemxtria said:
I think you'd be surprised how much they really earn... you think because i'm in a band that regularly plays shows and tours i make thousands? I haven't made a penny, ever
For that you will need to publish your song and also need to add copyrights. If your contents are sold, you will get money. Well, I do understand your issue, though I think it is very subjective. we are talking about the Mangas sold internationally right?

Razor1911 said:
For that you will need to publish your song and also need to add copyrights. If your contents are sold, you will get money. Well, I do understand your issue, though I think it is very subjective. we are talking about the Mangas sold internationally right?
I bet you buy pirated movies instead of spending pennies for a dvd or streaming service dont you

Razor1911 said:

I suppose but thinking of the noobs..they would be grateful for the support

gemxtria said:
I bet you buy pirated movies instead of spending pennies for a dvd or streaming service dont you

Blackrose said:
I suppose but thinking of the noobs..they would be grateful for the support
Aren't we talking about the MANGAS which are sold internationally?

[quote="Razor1911" pid='263508' dateline='1631078815']
[/quote]

Tbh it’s not a black and white situation. For the ultra-popular stuff, that statement’s probably true, but for less popular stuff, they definitely aren’t making as much money as you think.

The niche stuff usually has more dedicated buyers, but they’re also the most fragile when it comes to getting canceled for international releases. There are plenty of series that got published in the US, but since nobody here bought it, they canceled the releases here. This also happens a lot with Japanese game franchises.

[quote="Razor1911" pid='263632' dateline='1631250884']
Actually, I  was talking particularly about the Mangas that have English translation, obviously that must be too popular to have English translation, isn't it?
[/quote]

Not really. I could be spoiled by being American, which is one of the biggest markets for most things, but they publish damn near everything here. A lot of it is a combination of throwing things at the wall and seeing what would stick, and how some of the publishing deals work.

A lot of the publishing companies have a partnership with a specific Japanese publisher for near exclusive rights to their catalog. The US publisher Viz has a partnership with the Japanese company Shueisha, especially with their Shonen Jump line, so the vast majority of their manga will get published by Viz.

When you have a deal like that, you end up with a shorter list of what didn’t get translated, and opposed to what did. You can see on American Amazon that we have the most random obscure series for sale there, in English. You’d be shocked at some of the series that got translated, especially the light novel section.

Back