Permanent bans

Shaurya

Yo everyone!

One Piece Forum has permanent bans. The people who post spam comments and the people who post advertisements without posting 50 comments first will be given a permanent ban.

I don't understand,what they are doing is bad and need ban for it.

You are asking them to spam and advertise after 50comments,you will get ban and after sometime it would be released.

spammers never change,every spammer deserves permanent ban

sorry my English is bad.

soap said:

You are asking them to spam and advertise after 50comments,you will get ban and after sometime it would be released.

sorry my English is bad.

you have a point spammer should just be banned right off the bat not no oh after 50 comments just spam your ads
ads shouldnt even be part of this... why have ads for a dog store on an anime site

soap said:

sorry my English is bad.
When a user posts 50 normal posts, we get to know him/her better and you might end up being good friends with him/her. When a good friend of ours starts a new website, it would be nice if we have a section where he/she can tell us about it. That is where the advertising section comes into picture. We wouldn't have known about the 'Ao Kaizoku' website of Roronoa Zoro if it wasn't for the advertising section.

Shaurya said:
soap said:

sorry my English is bad.
When a user posts 50 normal posts, we get to know him/her better and you might end up being good friends with him/her. When a good friend of ours starts a new website, it would be nice if we have a section where he/she can tell us about it. That is where the advertising section comes into picture. We wouldn't have known about the 'Ao Kaizoku' website of Roronoa Zoro if it wasn't for the advertising section.

I'm not telling about the people who advertise,I'm telling of people who spam.

maybe after 50comments we may get to know them but what if they start spamming after it.And scoring 50comments is not so hard to achieve

soap said:

maybe after 50comments we may get to know them but what if they start spamming after it.And scoring 50comments is not so hard to achieve
Like I said, the users who spam will be banned. After 50 comments, the users are allowed to 'advertise'. They will be allowed to post a thread about their website. That's all. If they post multiple threads or posts, their comments will be deleted and they will be banned.

Shaurya said:
soap said:

Like I said, the users who spam will be banned. After 50 comments, the users are allowed to 'advertise'. They will be allowed to post a thread about their website. That's all. If they post multiple threads or posts, their comments will be deleted and they will be banned.
okay

In other words, spammers will get banned permanently because they will never get a chance to reach 50 real posts, while actual people could advertise after their 50 posts.

Roronoa Zoro said:
In other words, spammers will get banned permanently because they will never get a chance to reach 50 real posts, while actual people could advertise after their 50 posts.
Yup :full:

permanent bans aren't going to do anything
u must first manually "delete" these users and delete their posts and threads
those aren't human users who will try to login again and spam

as for regular members permanent bans should be used only on major felonies
And should be the last resort

otherwise temporary bans depending on the felony and the felon

NightBaron said:
permanent bans aren't going to do anything
u must first manually "delete" these users and delete their posts and threads
those aren't human users who will try to login again and spam

as for regular members permanent bans should be used only on major felonies
And should be the last resort

otherwise temporary bans depending on the felony and the felon
I know and we did do that at first. But deleting multiple threads and posts will pull down the site's rank in the search engines. The website is on the first page of Bing and Yahoo and in the second page of Google. So we'll have to tolerate the spammers for some more time. At least until we get into the first page. Good for us, all the members here are understanding =)

Shaurya said:
I know and we did do that at first. But deleting multiple threads and posts will pull down the site's rank in the search engines. The website is on the first page of Bing and Yahoo and in the second page of Google. So we'll have to tolerate the spammers for some more time. At least until we get into the first page. Good for us, all the members here are understanding =)

hhmm well yeah

I can spam this forum if u want to bring it up :p

NightBaron said:
hhmm well yeah

I can spam this forum if u want to bring it up :p
No! Please don't! :bow:
Also, I forgot to say this in my last reply. We only ban advertisers and spammers. We don't usually ban normal users. So far we didn't even have to delete a post made by the regular members :angel:

Shaurya said:
No! Please don't! :bow:
Also, I forgot to say this in my last reply. We only ban advertisers and spammers. We don't usually ban normal users. So far we didn't even have to delete a post made by the regular members :angel:

gosh!! I was kidding

Back