Parasite Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
I saw this movie on Feb 2 and I've been wanting to talk about it since and it ended up winning Best Picture at the Oscars. Also this has nothing to do with the anime, it's a movie from South Korea.

Plot:
A poor family, the Kims, con their way into becoming the servants of a rich family, the Parks. But their easy life gets complicated when their deception is threatened with exposure.

Overall this is a great film.

I looked and to my shock this movie was actually showing in my city undubbed and with subtitles. It's probably the first time I've ever seen a non english foreign film showing here ever. I mean lately even english films are getting pushed to a few theaters and bad time slots. So it's probably a sensation. I still don't think I'll be watching it.

Demon_skeith said:
Thankfully the manga creator used a y to name it Parasyte, but easily confusable.
i didn't notice that difference so far
and it's been years since that anime came out for us to watch.

Burnsy said:
I looked and to my shock this movie was actually showing in my city undubbed and with subtitles. It's probably the first time I've ever seen a non english foreign film showing here ever. I mean lately even english films are getting pushed to a few theaters and bad time slots. So it's probably a sensation. I still don't think I'll be watching it.

This year we had a lot more indie and mid budget films released, which was nice but I was pleasantly surprised that this had a release. I figured they wouldn't play it for long so I went and watched it. But it's still going strong, along with other movies like Ford v Ferrari which has been playing for 2 months.

I haven't seen this film yet but will have to make sure to free up some time soon to watch it because I've heard quite great stuff about it from my friends and in the film scene itself (such as with the Oscars) through the amazing recognition it receives for its work.
I am looking forward to watching it and giving a proper review for it :)

_B_ said:
I haven't seen this film yet but will have to make sure to free up some time soon to watch it because I've heard quite great stuff about it from my friends and in the film scene itself (such as with the Oscars) through the amazing recognition it receives for its work.
I am looking forward to watching it and giving a proper review for it :)

i have tried to watch it but from what i remember if you can't stomach a few cruel things and blood, it's not for you
just want you to know this

I watched it on Amazon Prime. It's been out on the Amazon Prime since April if I remember. And the movie is slow burn. Takes a lot of time for you to understand what is going on. I am not sure how it even got recommended for various awards.

It was the first Koran film I've seen and it is probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

War Dogs - 7/10

Enjoyable film based on a true story - Jonah Hill is great - not sure why, but I’ve never really been a fan of Miles Teller - I still need to watch Whiplash actually...

[quote="JayZz" pid='210633' dateline='1596200400']
War Dogs - 7/10

Enjoyable film based on a true story - Jonah Hill is great - not sure why, but I’ve never really been a fan of Miles Teller - I still need to watch Whiplash actually...
[/quote]

Hey welcome to the forum! If you like you could create a new thread for this film since this thread is about Parasite.

Back