Oyasumi Punpun

MoonlightShadow

V.I.P. Member
This one is a good manga indeed, but be warned that the genre of this series is slice of life, so if you want some action then this is not for you

Oyasumi Punpun.. this series talk about the life of Punpun, the story start from when Punpun is still a kid then grown into young adult, we can see how he grow, his mental growth and many problem he face as teen. This psychological aspect of this series is quite detailed because we can see and noticed how Punpun's mentality changed in every stage on his life, and it's pretty interesting 

The main attraction of this series is the love between Punpun and Aiko. Personally i like their love story, and yes.. his love to Aiko is the main driving force of Punpun's thought. They are not the sweetest couple around but their relationship have somekind of depth because of personal circumstances they face, to be honest i'm really into this one

Thing i dislike about Oyasumi Punpun is.. in the middle part of the series, i feel like they are dragging the story, they add things that i think unnecessary for the main story. But despite of that, the flow of the story is nice, it's light at the beginning and bit by bit it's become heavier and darker

There is also tragedy happened in this series, so.. if you dislike sad thing, just be prepared. And also, this series is full of depressing characters, they all sad and frustrated by something on their life, well.. this is slice of life, what you expected? Haha..

Okay finally.. my conclusion, this series is a must read if you like slice of life, it's very satisfying

Blackrose said:
Hey hannah been a while..how u doing?

I'm okay - thanks for asking. Been binging the Tower of God webtoon recently, and mostly been busy with rp otherwise (tabletop rp is my main hobby). How're you?

HannahCN said:
I'm okay - thanks for asking. Been binging the Tower of God webtoon recently, and mostly been busy with rp otherwise (tabletop rp is my main hobby). How're you?

Tabletop roleplay. Think basically stuff like Dungeons & Dragons, for the most basic example (thought there are rp's in other genres than fantasy as well, of course). Rp can be a genre of computer games, or it can be done on forums in alternating posts (usually with own OCs), but with tabletop roleplay, you sit around a... table, with a bunch of friends, with each player except for one having a character they act out. The remaining player, the GM, is basically the one whose job it is to give the players a world to interact with - he manages the npc's, the obstacles the players' characters will face, etc. Think of it as playing out your own movie with the players as the actors, and the gm as the script writer / director / anything else the players need to have a good time. That is what tabletop rp is.

HannahCN said:
Tabletop roleplay. Think basically stuff like Dungeons & Dragons, for the most basic example (thought there are rp's in other genres than fantasy as well, of course). Rp can be a genre of computer games, or it can be done on forums in alternating posts (usually with own OCs), but with tabletop roleplay, you sit around a... table, with a bunch of friends, with each player except for one having a character they act out. The remaining player, the GM, is basically the one whose job it is to give the players a world to interact with - he manages the npc's, the obstacles the players' characters will face, etc. Think of it as playing out your own movie with the players as the actors, and the gm as the script writer / director / anything else the players need to have a good time. That is what tabletop rp is.

ohhh so basically what sheldon and the guys do in big bang theory lol
Sounds cool.I think it might be fun to do

Isn't this story mostly tragic? I remember reading a review that it is really creepy and a bit scary, so I am not sure what to take from the review.

Goodnight Punpun is obviously a psychological manga. I already have it on my wishlist. It's in my top priority at this moment. The story sounds different than most of the slice of life

Razor1911 said:
Goodnight Punpun is obviously a psychological manga. I already have it on my wishlist. It's in my top priority at this moment. The story sounds different than most of the slice of life

Nice! I'll waiting for your thought after you finish this one

DiamondDust said:
Nice! I'll waiting for your thought after you finish this one
At this moment reading Hellstar remina. Story is very interesting. After that would read this one.

Back