Ouran Host Club

Had a marathon of it, I just wanted to it off my bucket list. Watched the 26 episodes. The first time I watched I couldn't last after a few episodes because the humour and intent of the serious went over my head. I dunnow what it was but I took it better this second attempt. Maybe watching it dubbed helped connect the humour. I still found the fan service Cringy... and I don't think the story is amazing but it was entertaining.

OHSHC makes fun of the Shoujo genre, breaks the 4th and lampshades its own tropes. They still manage in most instances to not going overboard with it. Jokes are hit and miss, depending the person it might be pretty funny or really fall flat at times. It also has a lot of signs and japanese jokes I am sure were lost in translation.

The ending feels more like a half way cut after the last arch and might leave some people feeling it incomplete. I can see the appeal with the different characters and the girl protagonist, i feel, was a pretty refreshing change but there were still some lessons' that just rubbed me off the wrong way.

In the end I got intrigued by the characters but not enough to compel me to seek the manga and find out what is next and who, if any, will win the protagonist's heart.

Kaynil said:
Had a marathon of it, I just wanted to it off my bucket list. Watched the 26 episodes. The first time I watched I couldn't last after a few episodes because the humour and intent of the serious went over my head. I dunnow what it was buT I took it better this second attempt. Maybe watching it dubbed helped connect the humour. I still found the fan service Cringy... and I don't think the story is amazing but it was entertaining.

OHSHC makes fun of the Shoujo genre, breaks the 4th and lampshades its own tropes. They still manage in most instances to not going overboard with it. Jokes are hit and miss, depending the person it might be pretty funny or really fall flat at times. It also has a lot of signs and japanese jokes I am sure were lost in translation.

The ending feels more like a half way cut after the last arch and might leave some people feeling it incomplete. I can see the appeal with the different characters and the girl protagonist, i feel, was a pretty refreshing change but there were still some lessons' that just rubbed me off the wrong way.

In the end I got intrigued by the characters but not enough to compel me to seek the manga and find out what is next and who, if any, will win the protagonist's heart.
So you didn't like it? A shame!

Naiwen said:
So you didn't like it? A shame!

I liked it enough to make it through the end without it being a chore. Sow e can discuss characters and stuff.

I just didn't 'love' it.

Kaynil said:
I liked it enough to make it through the end without it being a chore. Sow e can discuss characters and stuff.

I just didn't 'love' it.
Personally, I loved Tamaki.

i have heard of this a long time ago. it's good a good fan following and i myself wanted to watch it couple of times but i never got around to it.

Back