One-punch Man and the society?

Arsudar

So recently I've read and watched both One-punch Man manga and anime, and I've to say I really into this one. At first glance, it felt like a comedy anime/manga which is about a bold guy who like to do things he like to do and he want to do. But then gradually i feels like this series dug in the sensitive part of[size=small] human society: Jealousy, Drive for Fame and Self-Richies rather than actually helping people, Selfishness. [/size]

The first time was with the Heroes Organization. Lots of heroes here, including the S-rank heroes, tend to take Saitama lightly. They even gave him the hero name: Baldy Cape... it's like WHAT? And ironically, he was the one inspired the founder of this Heroes Organization in the first place. 

And then the second time with the Sea King Arc (this one was gold). All of the heroes fought with the Sea King, including the S-rank Pri-Prisoner and Genos, were brutally defeated. If not for Saitama's intervention, all people hiding in the dome would have been killed.  But then there was a "foul-mouth" guy who claimed the Heroes Organzation as "useless". And thanks for Saitama's sacrifice that Heroes Organization's honor retained. For the first time, I felt really hating this guy, but then gotta admit, are the so-called heroes really do their job? Or they just "act" as heroes. 

Not sure whether I was thinking too much or not, but anyway, the animation alone is gold especially the battles.

It is a great anime and manga for sure. The "what makes you a hero?" theme runs through the whole series, and the show doesn't give you just one answer. You see very different people with different motivations who are all heroes, in a very real sense of the word. You see people who do it in a pure altruistic manner, people who do it for fame and glory, people who like order and have their disciples to worry about; I mean, Puri Puri prisoner just wants to save pretty boys, being a pervert he is. But they all put their lives on the line, and the show keeps reminding us about that. The most recent arc in the manga did a great job with this theme too, giving us a perspective of the person who needs a hero, needs to be saved. If you haven't read it yet you are up for a treat =)

What did you think about the episode after Saitama destroyed the meteorite and people got together to blame him for what he had done? Did you read that chapter?

I have watched anime . Is it really that good? I have yet to treat Black Butler, blue exorcist. So it's out fun to read more than those manga?

Sindar said:
It is a great anime and manga for sure. The "what makes you a hero?" theme runs through the whole series, and the show doesn't give you just one answer. You see very different people with different motivations who are all heroes, in a very real sense of the word. You see people who do it in a pure altruistic manner, people who do it for fame and glory, people who like order and have their disciples to worry about; I mean, Puri Puri prisoner just wants to save pretty boys, being a pervert he is. But they all put their lives on the line, and the show keeps reminding us about that. The most recent arc in the manga did a great job with this theme too, giving us a perspective of the person who needs a hero, needs to be saved. If you haven't read it yet you are up for a treat =)

What did you think about the episode after Saitama destroyed the meteorite and people got together to blame him for what he had done? Did you read that chapter?
Yeah I'm still following the manga even now (currently the Monster Association Arc) and the story is still interesting to me.
The meterorite episodes are quite interesting in terms of people's mind. It reminds me of a theory that people often find something to blame when things go wrong. And somehow it felt true in this case, Meteorite's fragments fall from the sky and destroy numerous areas. Of course, people will be in fear and desperation in such case, while being in despair, they also felt rage at the same time and they kinda needed to put it on someone (unfortunately it's Saitama). Though it's true that the Tank-top brothers blamed him, I think people must already be in desparation so that the two brothers can exploit that situation.
Funny thing is, Saitama didn't give a damn about it, he just tried to protect his home XD.

If you don't want to read manga then I think it's fine. The anime was already out it sticks close to the original story. Also seeing the main character and other battles are quite fun. Madhouse really nailed this series.

Arsudar said:
Yeah I'm still following the manga even now (currently the Monster Association Arc) and the story is still interesting to me.
The meterorite episodes are quite interesting in terms of people's mind. It reminds me of a theory that people often find something to blame when things go wrong. And somehow it felt true in this case, Meteorite's fragments fall from the sky and destroy numerous areas. Of course, people will be in fear and desperation in such case, while being in despair, they also felt rage at the same time and they kinda needed to put it on someone (unfortunately it's Saitama). Though it's true that the Tank-top brothers blamed him, I think people must already be in desparation so that the two brothers can exploit that situation.
Funny thing is, Saitama didn't give a damn about it, he just tried to protect his home XD.

If you don't want to read manga then I think it's fine. The anime was already out it sticks close to the original story. Also seeing the main character and other battles are quite fun. Madhouse really nailed this series.

Yeah =) I liked how the manga was trying to make an impression that this hatred would crush Saitama, make him give up on helping people. While in fact he just yelled back at people not to be dumb. He didn't save their property, sure, but he didn't care, stopping the meteorite he feels like he had done his part and has no further obligations to anyone. That is one side of being a hero. Where do you draw the line? How important is it that people appreciate you, or that you please them? What is your motivation if it is not their gratitude, which is so flitting? I think anime didn't convey this point as cleanly as the manga, which is why I asked you about it =)

So you've caught up with the recent chapters? Saw that last Suiryu fight?

Arsudar said:

I am bout saying I don't want to read it. It's just super help series are better to watch than read with visuals and all. Is it a long manga?

Sindar said:
Yeah =) I liked how the manga was trying to make an impression that this hatred would crush Saitama, make him give up on helping people. While in fact he just yelled back at people not to be dumb. He didn't save their property, sure, but he didn't care, stopping the meteorite he feels like he had done his part and has no further obligations to anyone. That is one side of being a hero. Where do you draw the line? How important is it that people appreciate you, or that you please them? What is your motivation if it is not their gratitude, which is so flitting? I think anime didn't convey this point as cleanly as the manga, which is why I asked you about it =)

So you've caught up with the recent chapters? Saw that last Suiryu fight?
Yeah, I've just read the newest chapter (which Pri-Pri Prisoner just hug a "Free-Hug Demon" to death XD). Suiryu is somehow similar to Saitama but he's a more cocky type. But it's quite amusing to see such a proud martial artist asked Saitama to be "master" (seems he's the second guy after Genos).
About the latest chapter, I've seen some people said it's boring but it's actually quite intriguing, in terms that Saitama starts to remind himself about his true reason for joining Heroes Association. This is pretty a good new cuz imagine what if Saitama got corrupted, it would be extremely brutal.

Nel said:
I am bout saying I don't want to read it. It's just super help series are better to watch than read with visuals and all. Is it a long manga?
[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Yusuke Murata takes charge as an artist who redraws the series. ONE probably had tons of next chapters by now so I don't really know for sure when it will end.[/font]

Arsudar said:
Yeah, I've just read the newest chapter (which Pri-Pri Prisoner just hug a "Free-Hug Demon" to death XD). Suiryu is somehow similar to Saitama but he's a more cocky type. But it's quite amusing to see such a proud martial artist asked Saitama to be "master" (seems he's the second guy after Genos).
About the latest chapter, I've seen some people said it's boring but it's actually quite intriguing, in terms that Saitama starts to remind himself about his true reason for joining Heroes Association. This is pretty a good new cuz imagine what if Saitama got corrupted, it would be extremely brutal.

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Yusuke Murata takes charge as an artist who redraws the series. ONE probably had tons of next chapters by now so I don't really know for sure when it will end.[/font]

I THOUGHT art is everything in manga world. How can he popular without having any artise skills?

Arsudar said:

I mean, Suiryu had one of the harshest times of anyone in the manga, I am surprised he didn't just break down and cried. I really liked the moment where Saitama appeared to save him, waited so long for it.

Saitama's inner monologue was the best part of the chapter for me =) PPP though, just when I thought he couldn't get anymore weird...

Sindar said:
I mean, Suiryu had one of the harshest times of anyone in the manga, I am surprised he didn't just break down and cried. I really liked the moment where Saitama appeared to save him, waited so long for it.

Saitama's inner monologue was the best part of the chapter for me =) PPP though, just when I thought he couldn't get anymore weird...

No, that is the whole point of the show : D His battle is in his head, it is all about him dealing with real life problems, same as real people do.

Sindar said:
No, that is the whole point of the show : D His battle is in his head, it is all about him dealing with real life problems, same as real people do.

He taken down enemy with a single punch. How is that not being overpowered?

Sindar said:
Lol, that remind me of a chapter which Saitama dreamed of himself fighting "worthy" Earthen Monsters and their King.... such as sad story for him.

Nel said:
Yeah, but as Sindar said it is the point of this series. And so this is first time I've seen manga/anime series in which I wanted to see other characters fight, not just Saitama (since he just killing villains in just one hit...).
Still, I'm expecting a final battle between Saitama and a whos-know-what enemy which is on par with Saitama. That would be interesting.

(by the way, how do you guys tag people?)

Arsudar said:
Lol, that remind me of a chapter which Saitama dreamed of himself fighting "worthy" Earthen Monsters and their King.... such as sad story for him.

Yeah, but as Sindar said it is the point of this series. And so this is first time I've seen manga/anime series in which I wanted to see other characters fight, not just Saitama (since he just killing villains in just one hit...).
Still, I'm expecting a final battle between Saitama and a whos-know-what enemy which is on par with Saitama. That would be interesting.

I don't there we will be anime who will give a decent fight for saitama. He is what you call you a good equivalent. @ before username will tag people. Just make sure that the username is correct.

Arsudar said:

@Username
For example, @MadaraUchiha
Just make sure there's nothing before and after it, even punctuation marks.

Nel said:

Arsudar said:
Made for a very good animation sequence though : D

Sindar said:

Made for a very good animation sequence though : D

It is bad as after sometime, it would lose its individuality. Don't you think the story is being repeated after some time?

I didn't know that you are reading one punch man too. Just how many manga are you reading sindar?

Nel said:
It is bad as after sometime, it would lose its individuality. Don't you think the story is being repeated after some time?

I didn't know that you are reading one punch man too. Just how many manga are you reading sindar?

Back