Oda Interview

Jack

I just found this interview with oda its kind of old but I just felt the need to post it
*note: read right to left

KGOWkVa.png

FZ3xIX4.png

uvz6SQQ.png

Those were some great answers(as expected from a competent mangaka such as Oda). Even though I haven't seen his work, he's one of the few people in anime industry that I respect. I might have said this already but I'll do so again. Regarding editors, he's been quoted to have said in another interview:
"I don't ask for suggestions. And I won't. I don't need them. This might sound a bit cold, but I don't want other people's ideas... The editors and people at Jump sometimes change, but every time there is a new one, the first thing I tell them is to not give me suggestions. I want to have the confidence to say that I thought up all the people and the entire story by myself! If I rely on people once, I might keep doing it, and if it's a failure, I'll blame it on them. But if I succeed, it's because of my own ability, and if I fail, it's my own fault. I like that."
I look forward to reading/watching his work.

Tyrant said:
Those were some great answers(as expected from a competent mangaka such as Oda). Even though I haven't seen his work, he's one of the few people in anime industry that I respect. I might have said this already but I'll do so again. Regarding editors, he's been quoted to have said in another interview:
"I don't ask for suggestions. And I won't. I don't need them. This might sound a bit cold, but I don't want other people's ideas... The editors and people at Jump sometimes change, but every time there is a new one, the first thing I tell them is to not give me suggestions. I want to have the confidence to say that I thought up all the people and the entire story by myself! If I rely on people once, I might keep doing it, and if it's a failure, I'll blame it on them. But if I succeed, it's because of my own ability, and if I fail, it's my own fault. I like that."
you should get to reading or watching one piece soon

Jack said:
Tyrant said:
you should get to reading or watching one piece soon
Yes.

Tyrant said:

that is why he has started writing and directing one piece :D :D :hahaha:

Back