New Death note live action movie

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not sure what to think but I don't exactly have high expectations.

Yeah, I saw it. I don't know what the hell they are trying to do. Death Note is about L and Light, and they are trying to bring in social justice angles, and people supporting Kira and everything, and if they wanna cover those things they won't have time for the battle between Light and L. If they wanna make a sequel, then, I guess it's fine. And, I sell the lead actor too. Light is kind of charming, arrogant and menacing, and this guy looks stoned and awkward, and doesn't look like a genius.
I guess the only positive for me is Willam Dafoe as Ryuk. That was genius.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah, I saw it. I don't know what the hell they are trying to do. Death Note is about L and Light, and they are trying to bring in social justice angles, and people supporting Kira and everything, and if they wanna cover those things they won't have time for the battle between Light and L. If they wanna make a sequel, then, I guess it's fine. And, I sell the lead actor too. Light is kind of charming, arrogant and menacing, and this guy looks stoned and awkward, and doesn't look like a genius.
I guess the only positive for me is Willam Dafoe as Ryuk. That was genius.

I did not even see an L. Did they decide to remove him? I only saw some action scenes, some girl and nothing intellectual going on at all.

BurnsyCEO said:
I did not even see an L. Did they decide to remove him? I only saw some action scenes, some girl and nothing intellectual going on at all.
They are probably gonna tease him in the next teaser, I guess. What concerns me is that while Netflix has made some excellent TV shows(House of Cards, Daredevil, Narcos, Stranger Things), but, almost all the movies they've made have been crap. By the way, have you seen the Japanese live-action ones?

I liked l change the world and I liked some live action stuff. So I am excited about this.

MadaraUchiha said:
They are probably gonna tease him in the next teaser, I guess. What concerns me is that while Netflix has made some excellent TV shows(House of Cards, Daredevil, Narcos, Stranger Things), but, almost all the movies they've made have been crap. By the way, have you seen the Japanese live-action ones?

Nah

I saw the Japanese live action of Death note almost an year ago and though I don't quite remember, I found that good.
Now I don't understand the need for making this movie, except of course, making a quick buck...
If the movie turns out to be as bad as it's trailer, it can stay as one of those forgotten American movie but that would still impact the impression of masses on the Death Note anime itself, which is best when compared to all it's adaptions. That's the only sad part here. Otherwise it can totally be ignored

Mansi14 said:
I saw the Japanese live action of Death note almost an year ago and though I don't quite remember, I found that good.
Now I don't understand the need for making this movie, except of course, making a quick buck...
If the movie turns out to be as bad as it's trailer, it can stay as one of those forgotten American movie but that would still impact the impression of masses on the Death Note anime itself, which is best when compared to all it's adaptions. That's the only sad part here. Otherwise it can totally be ignored

:what: Huh?
What happened as in where was I? o_o
I was mostly offline due to an important academic year. Accessing forum was difficult with restriction to use computer (_ _)
Though I must say, been a long time Burnsy! How are you mate?

Mansi14 said:
:what: Huh?
What happened as in where was I? o_o
I was mostly offline due to an important academic year. Accessing forum was difficult with restriction to use computer (_ _)
Though I must say, been a long time Burnsy! How are you mate?

BurnsyCEO said:
Haha.No.I'm embarassed.
:what:
That's sad :sigh:
Then do you not want critics and reviews to improve? >.>
You'll eventually have to get some audience <.<

Mansi14 said:
:what:
That's sad :sigh:
Then do you not want critics and reviews to improve? >.>
You'll eventually have to get some audience <.<

Its on youtube, It has plenty of audience and reviews.

It would have been great if they showed L, not just kira and misa bro.
I don't plan on watching it but I might reconsider my decision if I know who l is.

Sebastian said:
It would have been great if they showed L, not just kira and misa bro.
I don't plan on watching it but I might reconsider my decision if I know who l is.

The black guy in the hoddie is L. I found out later. I know right.

BurnsyCEO said:
Why? And do you even know what is up my alley and whats not?

Haha.No.I'm embarassed.

You shouldn't have said that. Because of your watched anime so far

BurnsyCEO said:
The black guy in the hoddie is L. I found out later. I know right.
I couldn't get a good luck of his face xD

only fangirls like light bro. peeps like us, would want to see the weird l, before deciding whether to watch it or not xD
how have ya been my man?

Sebastian said:
I couldn't get a good luck of his face xD

only fangirls like light bro. peeps like us, would want to see the weird l, before deciding whether to watch it or not xD
how have ya been my man?

Will you shut the f**k up sebb y? Kira started out with good intentions but consumed by power later.

Back