Mikasa Ackerman discussion thread

She is the real fighter in the attack on titan
I don't know why erin is the main protagonist when it's mikasa who deserves such a position in am anime

oh, snk is totally eren's story, coming to terms with growing up as a child soldier with absent parents and some weird backstory goings-on that will somehow make him an important player in some big future event...

and also i like that the hypercompetent wunderkind is NOT the main character

Jinjer said:
oh, snk is totally eren's story, coming to terms with growing up as a child soldier with absent parents and some weird backstory goings-on that will somehow make him an important player in some big future event...

and also i like that the hypercompetent wunderkind is NOT the main character

Then don't you think mikasaka is pitiful. She had to clean up erin's mess and in the end she is not even a protagonist.

Nel said:
Then don't you think mikasaka is pitiful. She had to clean up erin's mess and in the end she is not even a protagonist.

if she gets written right then her arc should have some kind of satisfying resolution: "all she ever thinks about is eren and being good at killing titans, so what happens when his brother's not there anymore for her and/or she's forced to find something else to care about?"

...yeah something like that (nb, i haven't read much beyond that part where the gorilla showed up so i'm not sure about the development of the story from that point onward)

besides, i wouldn't call her "pitiful", she seems to be really good at her job and is a definite asset to her unit

Jinjer said:
if she gets written right then her arc should have some kind of satisfying resolution: "all she ever thinks about is eren and being good at killing titans, so what happens when his brother's not there anymore for her and/or she's forced to find something else to care about?"

...yeah something like that (nb, i haven't read much beyond that part where the gorilla showed up so i'm not sure about the development of the story from that point onward)

besides, i wouldn't call her "pitiful", she seems to be really good at her job and is a definite asset to her unit
Erin never wanted her protection but she does that even after he told her off. That's what the thing that really bugs me. I hate stuff like that when people wouldn't notice someone's effort. That's why I called her pitiful

Nel said:
Erin never wanted her protection but she does that even after he told her off. That's what the thing that really bugs me. I hate stuff like that when people wouldn't notice someone's effort. That's why I called her pitiful

that's called a character flaw, it's what makes characters more well-rounded
it means that one can be a total badass elite monster-killing child prodigy soldier and still have retardedly overwhelming feelings for her loved ones... it becomes an issue if, for reasons usually resulted by bad writing, she never grows out of it or at least have some sort of development (either negative or positive) at the end of the story

Jinjer said:
that's called a character flaw, it's what makes characters more well-rounded
it means that one can be a total badass elite monster-killing child prodigy soldier and still have retardedly overwhelming feelings for her loved ones... it becomes an issue if, for reasons usually resulted by bad writing, she never grows out of it or at least have some sort of development (either negative or positive) at the end of the story

I would say that "character flaw" is more popular and you can see that in most of the anime. People like cool characters who got a bit of possessive streak towards someone or something.

it's one thing to have a "streak", it's another to have a crippling urge to go all mamoru on one's charge

then again i haven't read the manga so i can't really know how mikasa has been developing since the "gorilla titan" reveal

Jinjer said:
it's one thing to have a "streak", it's another to have a crippling urge to go all mamoru on one's charge

then again i haven't read the manga so i can't really know how mikasa has been developing since the "gorilla titan" reveal

We don't know her actual reason to protect him. Mikasa might have promised someone that she would care for him

i don't think she is really beautiful. she is pretty bot beautiful or stunning. i would have preferred blond hair and a smile with that face. she is as cold as ice.

Back