Midoriya from boku no hero academia character discussion

N

Nel

I think he is  okay but overrated. I personally think that it's a cliche that he gets a quirk just like that

It's not like he bumped into the hero and got lucky. He literately proved himself worthy of a life long goal.

Mansi14 said:
Almost none of my friends like Deku just because he's such a typical shounen character

Deku is a good guy and need to correct his attitude but midoriya is different. I have watched this a long time ago many be I am confusing the characters

[quote pid='101142' dateline='1532332295']
KuranKaname​
Deku is a good guy and need to correct his attitude but midoriya is different. I have watched this a long time ago many be I am confusing the characters
[/quote]

Izuku Midoriya's nickname is Deku given by Bakugo. Even his hero name now. He's our protagonist.

Mansi14 said:
[quote pid='101142' dateline='1532332295']
KuranKaname​

Izuku Midoriya's nickname is Deku given by Bakugo. Even his hero name now. He's our protagonist.
[/quote]
You must have deleted things accidently.
Kuran didn't get quoted in your post. I don't even remember the character names of this anime

KuranKaname said:

Deku is the nickname of Midoriya.

Seems like I messed up too.
I am not good with phones but I prefer them. Computers are hard to deal with.

I like him. I can see he has traits of normal shounen heroes but I also can see that he turns things around in some of them. Especially on the first season when you are just getting to know him.

He might seem the typical cry baby with a heart of gold but I didn't feel like he was untouchable like in other cartoons or that everything fell neatly on his lap as the chosen one. He could only inherit All-Might Powers after working hard. He had a seemingly impossible dream and has to deal with more in order to catch up to everybody else and get up to speed.

In real life, with people with handicaps being physical or mental, we can form two kind of attitudes as we realize we need to work double to get the same results. We can complain and focus on how unjust it is as we build resentment, or we can raise from that and use that same knowledge to push us forward. Seeing people with less doing some much more and being grateful with life. I think that he is a very good male lead.

Now the crybaby with a heart of Gold. Many crybabies are cowards and the growth comes seeing them become braver, but this cartoon doesn't put Deku's tears as something negative as a trait to overcome. He is a very brave and intelligent person. We saw him without hesitation to use the powers in the tournament knowing how painful was the recoil going to be. He cares deeply and shows his feelings and it is good we can see media that shows how people that show their emotions doesn't equal to them being weak or being too unstable to be able to amount to much. The core values that make a hero and separate them from villains, Deku keeps them close to his heart and uses them to guide his actions.

I haven't caught up with the series completely but I really have enjoyed what I've seen so far.

Kaynil said:
I like him. I can see he has traits of normal shounen heroes but I also can see that he turns things around in some of them. Especially on the first season when you are just getting to know him.

He might seem the typical cry baby with a heart of gold but I didn't feel like he was untouchable like in other cartoons or that everything fell neatly on his lap as the chosen one. He could only inherit All-Might Powers after working hard. He had a seemingly impossible dream and has to deal with more in order to catch up to everybody else and get up to speed.

In real life, with people with handicaps being physical or mental, we can form two kind of attitudes as we realize we need to work double to get the same results. We can complain and focus on how unjust it is as we build resentment, or we can raise from that and use that same knowledge to push us forward. Seeing people with less doing some much more and being grateful with life. I think that he is a very good male lead.

Now the crybaby with a heart of Gold. Many crybabies are cowards and the growth comes seeing them become braver, but this cartoon doesn't put Deku's tears as something negative as a trait to overcome. He is a very brave and intelligent person. We saw him without hesitation to use the powers in the tournament knowing how painful was the recoil going to be. He cares deeply and shows his feelings and it is good we can see media that shows how people that show their emotions doesn't equal to them being weak or being too unstable to be able to amount to much. The core values that make a hero and separate them from villains, Deku keeps them close to his heart and uses them to guide his actions.

I haven't caught up with the series completely but I really have enjoyed what I've seen so far.
He is very powerful man.
He might not have had any superpowers but he still went ahead and tried to save the people.

i like midoriya a lot
there is no other way to say this but he is a real good boy with immense strength of his own

To be honest.. i don't like him, he's too generic. I mean.. nobody boy who keep believing and chasing his dream, never give up stuff, doing his best thingy and all that jazz. Also about his common character/personality.. well, nothing special, too generic 
Note that i don't say he's bad character, i said too generic

[quote="grey_fox" pid='188834' dateline='1585150850']
To be honest.. i don't like him, he's too generic. I mean.. nobody boy who keep believing and chasing his dream, never give up stuff, doing his best thingy and all that jazz. Also about his common character/personality.. well, nothing special, too generic 
Note that i don't say he's bad character, i said too generic
[/quote]

isn't having a generic story or a character a good thing?
people can't always come up with a good story which is very unique or for that matter, a personality.

Blackangel said:
isn't having a generic story or a character a good thing?
people can't always come up with a good story which is very unique or for that matter, a personality.

Depending on the audience. Most people will be happy by that, but it's growing old for me, it's a matter of personal taste

Back