Microsoft/Xbox bought Activision Blizzard

Some insanely big name titles are going to be changing hands. COD, Candycrush, Overwatch, Diablo and WOW being the biggest. I know a lot of people might be worried about Xbox PC exclusives but some of these titles I cannot see being exclusives. OW and COD bring in too much money on the PlayStation I think and nobody buys COD on PC. But new titles would be exclusives for sure and some of the old ones too.
Activision last I heard was just killing all it's other titles and only focusing on COD and I think with this deal the best thing that might happen is some titles like Starcraft MIGHT get revived.

Would have been better if they fired Bobby kotik.

And imagine being a PS5 owner right now. Bought this new cool console,probably by paying a scalper or waiting really long for it, hardly any new games to test it out on, now half the games they might be thinking of playing bight be becoming Xbox/PC exclusives.

Burnsy said:
Some insanely big name titles are going to be changing hands. COD, Candycrush, Overwatch, Diablo and WOW being the biggest. I know a lot of people might be worried about Xbox PC exclusives but some of these titles I cannot see being exclusives. OW and COD bring in too much money on the PlayStation I think and nobody buys COD on PC. But new titles would be exclusives for sure and some of the old ones too.
Activision last I heard was just killing all it's other titles and only focusing on COD and I think with this deal the best thing that might happen is some titles like Starcraft MIGHT get revived.

Would have been better if they fired Bobby kotik.

And imagine being a PS5 owner right now. Bought this new cool console,probably by paying a scalper or waiting really long for it, hardly any new games to test it out on, now half the games they might be thinking of playing bight be becoming Xbox/PC exclusives.

Phil told Bloomberg CoD ain't exclusive. But I don't know if he's talking about Warzone or mainline. Plus there's now multiple talks that once the deal is finalized they are letting go of Bobby.

This is actually great news tbh because of what you said. Mfs brought in Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions for Warzone and Diablo. Maybe now they can sort the mess in Blizzard, take care of the shitty work environment and focus on other IPs especially OW, WoW and Starcraft.

Big irony though Xbox owns Spyro and Crash.

MadaraUchiha said:
Phil told Bloomberg CoD ain't exclusive. But I don't know if he's talking about Warzone or mainline. Plus there's now multiple talks that once the deal is finalized they are letting go of Bobby.

This is actually great news tbh because of what you said. Mfs brought in Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions for Warzone and Diablo. Maybe now they can sort the mess in Blizzard, take care of the shitty work environment and focus on other IPs especially OW, WoW and Starcraft.

Big irony though Xbox owns Spyro and Crash.

Regardless, in the short term they are only going to be looking at making their money back and I don't expect any major changes. The philosophy of how they manage all the new titles under them is only going to be revealed with time.

Back