King's Avatar Anime

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
I watched this anime called King's Avatar(or Quanzhi Gaoshou) two weeks back. It's about Ye Xiu, a professional player in the MMORPG game Glory. He's the best player in the game and due to circumstances he is stripped of his career. A year later he starts from scratch with a different username, Lord Grim and it's about him rising through the ranks and meeting new friends along the way.

To start with this isn't an isekai, it's basically an anime with people sitting in front of a computer and the visuals shown are what they see in front of a computer screen. However, the animation itself is pretty amazing, a lot more fluid than what you'll see in Japanese anime. Speaking of anime, yeah this is Chinese so it will take some time to get used to, it took me about 3-4 episodes.
The series mainly focuses on Xiu and his friends and their rise through the ranks and whatever happens in the real world is of little to no significance. Most characters are pretty well written and depending on your personal taste you may find one or two a bit annoying. The best thing about this anime is that it knows people are here for the action so that is given the most weight and whatever is shown is pretty nice to watch. The CGI parts aren't all that bad either and don't take you out of the experience. Music is pretty cool though nothing noteworthy. The story itself takes a couple of episodes to get settled but past that it mostly focuses on Glory and the characters and the action.

Overall this is an entertaining action-fantasy anime that's technically not an Isekai, but has a lot of tropes associated with it, and you'll have a good time watching it, and won't be bored. There's also a 3-episode OVA that's part of the story and is pretty good.

Interesting
Reminds me of sword art online... I know... I know... But I just can't help the comparison

I mean any Isekai is going to be compared to SAO no matter what. This is kinda like SAO but better in almost every way. Although being better than SAO doesn't require a lot.

MadaraUchiha said:
I mean any Isekai is going to be compared to SAO no matter what. This is kinda like SAO but better in almost every way. Although being better than SAO doesn't require a lot.
Lol...I get it.
I will remember that. I never picked up SAO after season 1... So I am not the one to talk though.

MadaraUchiha said:
You dropped it in the middle of episode 1 itself or gave it 2-3 episodes and still couldn't stand it?
I watched 5 mins maybe. Shame cause an eSport anime was something I was looking for. If it ever gets dubbed I will watch it.

BurnsyCEO said:
I watched 5 mins maybe. Shame cause an eSport anime was something I was looking for. If it ever gets dubbed I will watch it.
I knew it was Chinese and I assumed there'd be a dub but there wasn't Still don't think we are getting one.

Also it's kinda eSports but it's still more Isekai than like competitive gaming.

MadaraUchiha said:
I knew it was Chinese and I assumed there'd be a dub but there wasn't Still don't think we are getting one.

Also it's kinda eSports but it's still more Isekai than like competitive gaming.

anime other than japanese are very rare.
i am going to watch this and i liked the rakshasa street a lot

Blackangel said:
The only Chinese anime I remember you talking about is Mao Dao Zu Shi.

MadaraUchiha said:
The only Chinese anime I remember you talking about is Mao Dao Zu Shi.
that's different
i have seen both the anime and i think i even replied to one of those threads before

Back