Kiki's Delivery Service Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Plot:
A young witch, on her mandatory year of independent life, finds fitting into a new community difficult while she supports herself by running an air courier service.

This film is a masterpiece. It was a joy to watch from start to finish. It didn't take a lot to grab me. There's a shot in the beginning where Kiki gets on her broom and the wind starts blowing on her face. It's a beautiful shot and I was hooked right then.

Just like the old man's previous work My Neighbour Totoro, this film isn't plot heavy and is primarily a coming of age story. When Kiki arrives in the city, nothing is easy for her. She has to do a lot of menial jobs to get by, and she meets all sorts of people along the way, some of whom are memorable characters.

Kiki's character arc is written extremely well, with her undergoing highs and lows, getting dejected, being encouraged by others and finally becoming her own. This probably doesn't need to be mentioned either but the art and animation are exceedingly amazing, at par with today's anime. And the music is just as lovely as Totoro.

Overall this is a great film from start to finish with amazing characters, animation, music and is worth watching.

That looks quite interesting
I will be adding it to my list and strong female characters are not common in anime

I have been thinking of watching it man and this is just the boost I needed.
I am going to watch it

Star_Of_Hope said:
That looks quite interesting
I will be adding it to my list and strong female characters are not common in anime

They are a staple of every movie directed by Miyazaki.

Kaname said:
I have been thinking of watching it man and this is just the boost I needed.
I am going to watch it

Yes it's great give it a go.

MadaraUchiha said:
They are a staple of every movie directed by Miyazaki.

Yes it's great give it a go.

That's great then.
I will be watching other movies by Miyazaki then. Thank you for the information.

Star_Of_Hope said:
That's great then.
I will be watching other movies by Miyazaki then. Thank you for the information.
Yeah you should he's the most celebrated anime director.

Lovely review, it made me put this on my to watch list. It's interesting that most of the amazing movies have a chill plot that you can like categorize based on your own opinion and create a lot of various theories and opinions about a movie. I'll let you know how it was after I watched it.

Back