Is the Anime Community better now or before?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
i feel that the community back then was cooler than the current community.
may be it's just me who feels that way but people used to be lot more cooler

I am not sure and people do think the old community is way better than the toxic anime community we have. In every era, there is both good and bad and I don't think it matters much.

I personally feel the opposite, I prefer the anime community now than what it used to be.

Back then there were only two groups: whatever was on TV (basically just battle anime), or pretentious assholes. They were essentially polar opposites of each other, and I just wanted something in the middle.

The battle anime guys basically had the mindset of “if it’s not popular, it’s obviously trash” or “if I haven’t heard of it, it’s not worth watching”. If you watched something that wasn’t something they heard of, you’re just a pretentious asshole. You did have a more mellow end of the group who didn’t think you were being a dick for watching a not mainstream show, but they weren’t fun to talk to if you didn’t care for battle anime.

The second group is pretty plain and simple, they were just being pretentious assholes. They were essentially the people where they hobby is their personality, and they spent more time gatekeeping and fan checking people more than just talking about shows. If they knew the shows I watched, they either hated the show, or they spent more time wanting to check how “true” of a fan I was. Dude, I just want to talk about the show.

I personally feel the opposite, I prefer the anime community now than what it used to be.

Back then there were only two groups: whatever was on TV (basically just battle anime), or pretentious assholes. They were essentially polar opposites of each other, and I just wanted something in the middle.

The battle anime guys basically had the mindset of “if it’s not popular, it’s obviously trash” or “if I haven’t heard of it, it’s not worth watching”. If you watched something that wasn’t something they heard of, you’re just a pretentious asshole. You did have a more mellow end of the group who didn’t think you were being a dick for watching a not mainstream show, but they weren’t fun to talk to if you didn’t care for battle anime.

The second group is pretty plain and simple, they were just being pretentious assholes. They were essentially the people where they hobby is their personality, and they spent more time gatekeeping and fan checking people more than just talking about shows. If they knew the shows I watched, they either hated the show, or they spent more time wanting to check how “true” of a fan I was. Dude, I just want to talk about the show.
that's one perspective i never considered.
for me it's all about nostalgia and back then we didn't have so many places to gather and we stick to common things and then we got close and after years we bond together. but that doesn't mean i agree with them in everything but i feel they are my friends and sort of what i have here in maf. though it's not a big community i know people here for years now and some people disappear and i feel that it used to be fun.

that's one perspective i never considered.
for me it's all about nostalgia and back then we didn't have so many places to gather and we stick to common things and then we got close and after years we bond together. but that doesn't mean i agree with them in everything but i feel they are my friends and sort of what i have here in maf. though it's not a big community i know people here for years now and some people disappear and i feel that it used to be fun.
It was just irritating for me. Thanks to legal streaming, more people have easier access to shows outside of the uber popular battle anime, so I can talk to people about trashy harems, or Lucky Star.

It was just irritating for me. Thanks to legal streaming, more people have easier access to shows outside of the uber popular battle anime, so I can talk to people about trashy harems, or Lucky Star.
well that does remind me most of the time, we used to talk about only popular main stream anime only
i couldn't talk about bl too back then. thinking about it, yes it's better now that you can talk about anything lol

Back