Is anime more popular than ever now?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
I see lots of people watching anime these days but there aren't many places where anime fans frequent.
Well, anyway do you think anime is more popular than ever now?

I think so man.
AOT made lots of waves and many people watched it with all the hype. Not just it but there are many other anime too

Yes it is and there are many anime watchers and some are even getting aired on the local TVs.

I would say so. Need stuff in general became more mainstream, so it wasn’t unusual for more people to get into anime. Also streaming platforms opened the doors for access to a wide variety of shows.

Before the legal streaming sites, you really only could see the shows that aired on TV, or spend money on really expensive Blu-ray’s/DVD’s. A lot of the anime shown on TV were primarily the same types of shows.

Only the most diehard fans would go to the sketchy streaming sites to watch fansubs. Now with the legal streaming sites, you aren’t as heavily restricted as you would with the TV.

Must be. I see anime discussions almost everywhere. It used to be a lot some 10 years back.

I wouldn't say more popular so much as more mainstream. With it being more acceptable for adults in countries other than Japan to watch anime more people are admitting that they do watch it. I think it has always been much more popular then it looked because a large number of the people watching it hid the fact that they watched it. And now with streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon recording who is watching it the numbers are becoming more noticeable.

Back