If you have OCD...

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
This is related to folks who got OCD... How do you deal with guests arrival? I know that it's my own problem in a way but I feel terrible and couldn't relax in my home.
Is there a way to deal with it? If so, I really need tips please. I don't want to offend anyone.

reach out to someone.
don't they know about your situation? if they are deliberately ignoring your situation even after knowing about it, then don't be polite lol

reach out to someone.
don't they know about your situation? if they are deliberately ignoring your situation even after knowing about it, then don't be polite lol
I did try to talk with one of those relatives and she understood..... but I don't think she can give out her opinion.
I just hope i don't have to deal with it in the future but this time around i will be prepared and wouldn't count on anyone apart from myself

I did try to talk with one of those relatives and she understood..... but I don't think she can give out her opinion.
I just hope i don't have to deal with it in the future but this time around i will be prepared and wouldn't count on anyone apart from myself
don't worry clarie
you will be just fine and i am sure everything will work out for you

I have OCD, but I don't understand the specifics of your question. What do you mean by "guest arrival"? Would you mind elaborating or explaining what the problem is? 🧐
Would you be able to allow others just like that into your house(relatives or not), if you have OCD? I usually want them to take a bath if they want to spend couple of days at my house ...or else my stupid brain would keep thinking about all the bacteria and stuff......from outside and all ;_;
If it's just couple of hours visit ....I can always sanitize the chairs and such.....

Oh, you have cleaning OCD. Yeah, I don't have that. I have another type of OCD. :unsure:
But what I've learned from OCD coaches online is that you have to constantly do exposure and prevention in everyday life, which means you have to fight the compulsions, the desire to do as your OCD tells you. So, if your OCD tells you that your guests have to take baths, do the opposite.
From personal experience, I know it is very difficult to abstain from doing what OCD tell you, but that's the solution.

Last edited:
Oh, you have cleaning OCD. Yeah, I don't have that. I have another type of OCD. :unsure:
But what I've learned from OCD coaches online is that you have to constantly do exposure and prevention in everyday life, which means you have to fight the compulsions, the desire to do as your OCD tells you. So, if your OCD tells you that you guests have to take baths, do the opposite.
From personal experience, I know it is very difficult to abstain from doing what OCD tell you, but that's the solution.
what ocd do you have elvis?
sorry just curious

This is related to folks who got OCD... How do you deal with guests arrival? I know that it's my own problem in a way but I feel terrible and couldn't relax in my home.
Is there a way to deal with it? If so, I really need tips please. I don't want to offend anyone.
I have OCD. I handle it in 3 ways. (1. I take medication that helps me control my OCD so I don't drive everybody completely nuts. (2. Be open about it. Let people know that you have this issue. Most people will be understanding and the ones who aren't can leave. (3. I don't have overnight guests. The people who live with me know me and try their best to work around my OCD. Most people who come to visit me are the same. Everybody else usually thinks I'm odd but I don't care it's my house deal with or don't come over.

I have OCD. I handle it in 3 ways. (1. I take medication that helps me control my OCD so I don't drive everybody completely nuts. (2. Be open about it. Let people know that you have this issue. Most people will be understanding and the ones who aren't can leave. (3. I don't have overnight guests. The people who live with me know me and try their best to work around my OCD. Most people who come to visit me are the same. Everybody else usually thinks I'm odd but I don't care it's my house deal with or don't come over.
I do take medication and it does help. However sometimes it's hard to ignore stuff and you are right....I need to have my own property first to make the rules that fits my comfort zone ;_;

But what I've learned from OCD coaches online is that you have to constantly do exposure and prevention in everyday life, which means you have to fight the compulsions, the desire to do as your OCD tells you. So, if your OCD tells you that your guests have to take baths, do the opposite.
Oh....I am sorry to hear that. It's just hard to ignore stuff and probably you can relate to that as well. Exposure is fine but too much exposure can make us go into a panic attack for sure (_ _)/

Get yourself a Xanax prescription from a doctor.
I did use medicine before but they were making me nauseous and triggering migraines. Right now I am undergoing homeopathy treatment and it's .....fine.....but the results are just too slow ;_;

I don't really believe in homeopathy, but I know that there are some herbal supplements that can help relieve anxiety a little. I've tried a few (lavender and valerian capsules) over the years. You can order them online without a prescription.

Here's a list:

I couldn't explain it even if I wanted to. I have too many unresolved traumas from my past. I can't even afford to see a therapist cause I am poor.
i am so sorry to hear that.
i just hope you will let go of them soon and have a better future for yourself

I have OCD myself and when I know I am having guests around I tend to get anxious and nervous, even though my house and where I live is clean I still feel like it is not clean enough and that I would get judged and it's an awful thing to go through. Many times people have told me my house is not a mess and it's a home and it's lived in but I always feel like it is never clean enough. I would definitely speak to family, voice your concerns and let them know how you feel. You may be surprised at their response.

Back