If you could make other characters, as the main protagonist, who would it be?

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
If it's not natsu, then who will you choose, will it be gray? Or is it Erza? I wouldn't want to imagine people saying they would want Cana to be the lead character.

Lucy. She's the only one who has a power that makes sense. Though she is a main character as well(especially since she acts as a narrator whenever an arc begins).

MadaraUchiha said:
Lucy. She's the only one who has a power that makes sense. Though she is a main character as well(especially since she acts as a narrator whenever an arc begins).

But she never saved the day from anything. her power isn't great and she is always drunk which can be said as a poor character design. It might be just me who feels like this

KuranKaname said:
But she never saved the day from anything. her power isn't great and she is always drunk which can be said as a poor character design. It might be just me who feels like this

She's way better than Erza who pulls armors and swords out of the wind, and she has the potential to be a great character but Mashima has zero talent when it comes to character development, along with most other things when it comes to writing.

MadaraUchiha said:
She's way better than Erza who pulls armors and swords out of the wind, and she has the potential to be a great character but Mashima has zero talent when it comes to character development, along with most other things when it comes to writing.

Don't you like Erza? She looks cute and she is strong. She doesn't need any fairy tail glitter to become powerful. She has many armors and can withstand any weapons.

KuranKaname said:
Don't you like Erza? She looks cute and she is strong. She doesn't need any fairy tail glitter to become powerful. She has many armors and can withstand any weapons.
Cute and strong is fine when a series starts but it doesn't matter if she doesn't develop more. I initially liked her but her power structure is even more messed up than Natsu and she kinda becomes second fiddle by the end.

MadaraUchiha said:
Cute and strong is fine when a series starts but it doesn't matter if she doesn't develop more. I initially liked her but her power structure is even more messed up than Natsu and she kinda becomes second fiddle by the end.

May be the mangaka doesn't know how to protray female just like Kishimoto? I thought she improved when she pulled that little sword with no armor.

KuranKaname said:
May be the mangaka doesn't know how to protray female just like Kishimoto? I thought she improved when she pulled that little sword with no armor.

Kishimoto doesn't know how to portray female characters either though.

MadaraUchiha said:
Kishimoto doesn't know how to portray female characters either though.

He sad that in an interview himself, if I remember it correctly. It was such a shame. If only he had that talent, many sakura haters wouldn't have emerged.

KuranKaname said:
He sad that in an interview himself, if I remember it correctly. It was such a shame. If only he had that talent, many sakura haters wouldn't have emerged.

He still left a big legacy so a small dent like that won't matter.

MadaraUchiha said:
He still left a big legacy so a small dent like that won't matter.

I admire him very much as an author. I liked the manga and anime and I can never imagine anyone going up that high and having that many admirers for their work.

KuranKaname said:
I admire him very much as an author. I liked the manga and anime and I can never imagine anyone going up that high and having that many admirers for their work.

After all, people still compare My Hero Academia to Naruto, and the anime paid an homage to Naruto in a recent episode.

MadaraUchiha said:
After all, people still compare My Hero Academia to Naruto, and the anime paid an homage to Naruto in a recent episode.

I don't think comparing two anime is appropriate at all. Sometimes we can see similar things in different anime but that doesn't mean that they are taken from the first anime.

KuranKaname said:
I don't think comparing two anime is appropriate at all. Sometimes we can see similar things in different anime but that doesn't mean that they are taken from the first anime.

Nothing wrong in that. Every anime has something inspired from something else. Even the authors have admitted it. Black Clover and My Hero Academia are inspired from Naruto.
It was the same when the big three came out, all three talked about how they were inspired by Dragon Ball.

MadaraUchiha said:
Nothing wrong in that. Every anime has something inspired from something else. Even the authors have admitted it. Black Clover and My Hero Academia are inspired from Naruto.
It was the same when the big three came out, all three talked about how they were inspired by Dragon Ball.

I wouldn't say wrong but it can be disappointing for people who had high expectation for a new anime. They expect uniqueness in the story only to get disappointed.

KuranKaname said:
I wouldn't say wrong but it can be disappointing for people who had high expectation for a new anime. They expect uniqueness in the story only to get disappointed.

You can't create something without being inspired. All these(except Black Clover of course), are unique in their own right, while seeming like they were inspired by something. It's like a touch of nostalgia. MHA reminds me of Naruto in a few ways and that's one reason why I love it.

MadaraUchiha said:
You can't create something without being inspired. All these(except Black Clover of course), are unique in their own right, while seeming like they were inspired by something. It's like a touch of nostalgia. MHA reminds me of Naruto in a few ways and that's one reason why I love it.

Getting inspired is good but may be they can at least read fanfiction and try to create something good like an alternate universe for an original season

KuranKaname said:
Getting inspired is good but may be they can at least read fanfiction and try to create something good like an alternate universe for an original season

What no there isn't any work out there that's completely original. None. Whatsoever.

MadaraUchiha said:
What no there isn't any work out there that's completely original. None. Whatsoever.

Did DB got inspired from any other work? There must be a completely original work which got released before anything. There has to be something.

Back