I am not able to post

Yoshida

I have tried several times in various forums but I am not able to post. Take a look at this before I get tired

We will look into it.
As Claraviolet is sick and busy, we are not able to do much about the pending glitches and work

The problem I am facing is that I am unable to post if my post contains anything other than text.

If I add an emoticon or if I quote another message in my post or if I add a link or anything other then text, it won't let me post. It gives me an error message. When it is just text, the messages are posted without problems.

The problem I am facing is that I am unable to post if my post contains anything other than text.

If I add an emoticon or if I quote another message in my post or if I add a link or anything other then text, it won't let me post. It gives me an error message. When it is just text, the messages are posted without problems.
The simple answer is some of the hosts security settings are too strict for Xenforo.

I opened a ticket a few weeks ago and could not check the status of it because the hosts site would not let me sign in. Thankfully Clara confirmed she received an email from the host in response to my ticket, so I'm hoping itll be sorted soon.

The simple answer is some of the hosts security settings are too strict for Xenforo.

I opened a ticket a few weeks ago and could not check the status of it because the hosts site would not let me sign in. Thankfully Clara confirmed she received an email from the host in response to my ticket, so I'm hoping itll be sorted soon.
I will have to follow up that ticket from time to time.
To be honest, the security stuff completely skipped my mind, when I was looking for new hosting services (_ _)

@apathy, I don't think this is related to the hosting. I am not allowed to use quotes and emoticons in my posts. You are able to quote messages. Claraviolet is able to quote messages. This is a permissions thing in the Admin Panel.

@apathy, I don't think this is related to the hosting. I am not allowed to use quotes and emoticons in my posts. You are able to quote messages. Claraviolet is able to quote messages. This is a permissions thing in the Admin Panel.
Checked all the permissions just now. Hopefully we should be able to post without any errors now.

The emoticons/smilies do seem to be the the same error as attachments, you can open your browser console to see 403 server errors (these aren't caused from lacking a Xenforo permission). It's a known issue with Namecheap, and I'm not sure what's taking them so long to resolve it since I must have opened the ticket on the 17th of Feb or so. And as I say, their site was kind of jank and wouldn't let me sign in to check the status of the ticket.
All these issues disappear if I disable ModSecurity in the cpanel, but that's not good, so we need the host to configure it correctly.

The quotes did indeed seem to be just a user group permission error, so it's nice to see that was resolved easily.

I haven't been able to post in some threads with quotes. But i can still tag people in the same thread for posting and it's weird

Back