How many times has your computer broken?

Not too many times luckily however I have a funny feeling my laptop may break on me pretty soon, causing me too many problems right now and that usually ends up with a breakdown. 

Only once. I don't push it particularly hard, so it seems to last quite well. The time it did die was weird,  it still powered up but could not load windows, kept BSODing. But it has been running beautifully for the past year now so, here's hoping

My last laptop died a total death on me so I had no choice to get new. As for Desktops i've had one desktop in the past 6/7 years as when it starts to die, I just buy the parts and upgrade it myself. Having a background in fixing computers comes in handy.

My very first one, which was a piece of very used crap, didn't turn on once. My next one last about three years and several things heated and broke. My laptop had a issue earlier this year that I took care of with a format.

My computer that I'm using now is pretty much brand new. I got this 6 months ago and it works amazing. My old computer I had for 12 years. From year 8 - 12 it had so many problems that I decided it was time to buy a new computer. I've never had a Laptop.

Hardware wise probably about once a year something breaks down. Software wise probably once a month, though I just restore to last week's image. I've had PSUs, HDDs, optical drives, SATA cables, CPUs, etc. all go out from time to time. The worst is the PSU as some of the cheap ones will take out everything with it so you have to scrap the entire computer.

Upto now, my PC broke 3 times and the first one was because I changed the voltage of the fan by mistake when I was 10 y.o. The second time it broke was when I was 11y.o. due to a bolt and the third time was because the PC was already 9 years old and didn't work fine anymore so I had to buy a laptop for the first time.

The one I'm using is a couple of years old and I haven't had any problems with it. It's still working great. Did I now just jinx it?

My current one is relatively new (I believe around a year maybe) and luckily nothing has broken so far *touches wood*. My old one had quite a few problems and broke probably 3-4 times although they weren't major problems

Closest thing I've had to a broken PC is it just got slow. I tend to upgrade to a newer machine before I encouter any possible issues.

The old computer I was using has been broken 2 or 3 times, maximum 4. It was pretty old too.
I bought a new one before 3 months and haven't got any problems now.

Honestly, I can't count any more.
Each time I broke it, I fixed it immediately, which is good for gaining new skills.
When I was really young, I remember I would break my computers on purpose, and then try to figure out how to fix it again on my own.

Only one time a very long time ago and I sent it away to get fixed and it was fine after that, never had any major issues since then that I cant fix my self.

Back