How does Cyberpunk: Edgerunners compared to Cyberpunk 2077 video game?

Heatman

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is a Netflix animated series which is based on the game Cyberpunk 2077 that was marred with bugs and glitches when the game was released. Thankfully, the animated series wasn't anything like the game in terms of bugs and glitches which have viewers everything they missed from the game.

For those that have watched the Netflix animated series and played the game Cyberpunk 2077, how does both of them compare?

I watched this and while I have some gripes, mostly to do with the studio and their animation style, but it's still a great watch but I don't get how people who haven't played the game will really follow along with the dialogue. I also enjoyed all the references in the show to the game. There was a line where a character said, "It's like these pigs keep appearing out of thin air" which is a snarky reference to the police spawning out of thin air in the original iteration of the game. Would miss that if you didn't know the game's problems.

While I wouldn't say I loved it, I definitely found reason to revisit the game after finishing the anime and experiencing the game in a whole new way. Far less bugs, a lot of QoL changes, game runs smoother, free content added and a new way of playing and finding easter eggs from the anime made it worth playing again. Felt reallly good killing smasher wearing david's jacket, johnny's shades and using Rebecca's and Jackie's guns. Now just looking forward to the DLC.

It's also very cool how they took a single implant from the game, and made a whole story around it. Things like this make a far more coherent story than trying to fit as many things from the game to the anime just to please the gamers like they are doing for the trails of cold steel anime and having it suck.

Back