How do you guys deal with cold weather?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
I have recently moves to the UK and it's cold here.
To be honest, I had to use nasal drops often just to breathe freely and it's been close to 4 months...still I just can't get used to this weather. Now, I often get nosebleeds thanks to the excessive usage of nasal drops ;_;
Do you guys have any tips for me?

I keep my butt inside or try to. I bundle up if I am going outside or need to. I have to take my one dog outside to potty, so usually will end up going outside. I cannot wait for spring to get here.

I keep my butt inside or try to. I bundle up if I am going outside or need to. I have to take my one dog outside to potty, so usually will end up going outside. I cannot wait for spring to get here.
Hahah....I don't go out often as well.
I have opted for remote work for the time being anyway xD I can't wait to see pleasant days as well xD

poor clarie
you will get used to it soon and try to stay indoors a lot and dress heavily when you go outside lol

“Warmer” for their standards. The average temperature when I was there was like 21C
Well, I used to make use of air conditioner a lot back in India. So, I am used to the temperature of about 25C.
As of now, it's around 4C-10C even during the day ;_; . So, at least 20C would be great......

Well, I used to make use of air conditioner a lot back in India. So, I am used to the temperature of about 25C.
As of now, it's around 4C-10C even during the day ;_; . So, at least 20C would be great......
I'm used to living in colder temperatures, so the UK was a cakewalk for me. It didn't get too cold for my standards.

I'm used to living in colder temperatures, so the UK was a cakewalk for me. It didn't get too cold for my standards.
Oh ok. It's hard for me to get used to this temperature at the moment (-.-)/
I would never want to experience even colder temperatures...not in this life time unless if it's just for a day or two ;_;

I live in a Simi-tropical climate so it rarely gets below 60 degrees here. Were really not equipped to handle cold weather. My advice is to dress warmly and stay inside as much as possible.

I live in a Simi-tropical climate so it rarely gets below 60 degrees here. Were really not equipped to handle cold weather. My advice is to dress warmly and stay inside as much as possible.
60 isn't too hot but it's not warm enough. Don't you get snowfall every winter?

Dressing appropriately is the only option when you go out. At home try to make the temperature as comfortable as you are used to and you can deal with the cold weather.

My family wants me to go out ;_;
They believe that if I stay indoors all the time, I might get into depression (_ _)

60 isn't too hot but it's not warm enough. Don't you get snowfall every winter?
In the North part of the state in the mountains where I grew up yes. But down here on the gulf coast no it doesn't snow. We don't even get frost often. And 60 is very cold for us. Normally it stays around 70-75 in the winter and gets up to a 110 in the shade in the summer. Oh and these temps are in Fahrenheit to Celsius.

My family wants me to go out ;_;
They believe that if I stay indoors all the time, I might get into depression (_ _)
I can see what they are saying. But as a person who deals with depression on a daily basis if you keep busy and talk to somebody for at least an hour everyday you aren't likely to get depressed. On the other hand being forced to do something you don't want to do like freezing in the cold when you don't want to be there can definitely get you depressed.

In the North part of the state in the mountains where I grew up yes. But down here on the gulf coast no it doesn't snow. We don't even get frost often. And 60 is very cold for us. Normally it stays around 70-75 in the winter and gets up to a 110 in the shade in the summer. Oh and these temps are in Fahrenheit to Celsius.

I can see what they are saying. But as a person who deals with depression on a daily basis if you keep busy and talk to somebody for at least an hour everyday you aren't likely to get depressed. On the other hand being forced to do something you don't want to do like freezing in the cold when you don't want to be there can definitely get you depressed.
Thank you! Yeah it's hard and I can hardly breathe and it's a bit too windy...like all the time (_ _)/
Winters in my native land was like 17C and I never thought ......it was..... that cold....but with wind, everything can be different :(

It's better to stay in warmer places than very cold places. Sometimes when it does snow here, I couldn't even move my fingers just to open the car door. If given a choice, I would rather stay at a warm region as well. Not hot but warm.

Back