How did you get into Anime?

Alexander

How did you get into Anime and would you say it's one of your hobbies? At what age was this? Tell the community what series/program you started watching to start of with.

It just happen Haha.. i watch it since i was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5 years old. I was started with super robot series like Voltes, Getter Robo, God Sigma, Go Lion, oh yes.. and Gatchaman, Polymar and others that i can't remember the name

Like most kids back in the 90s did, Toonami!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I do miss those days.

My introduction to anima was in my 4th std when we moved into the middle east. There was a CD shop and we could go and rent the CDs.

The shopkeeper there introduced me to Pokemon, the first movie. Since then, I have never turned back.

[quote="Demon_skeith" pid='205418' dateline='1593066251']

I really wish there was one when I went to college, would have been great.
[/quote]

Yeah, it’s been great fun.

Lord Saru said:
My introduction to anima was in my 4th std when we moved into the middle east. There was a CD shop and we could go and rent the CDs.

The shopkeeper there introduced me to Pokemon, the first movie. Since then, I have never turned back.

oh cool
then from a long time, you must have really liked anime. i am glad to hear that. what's your favorite anime now?

I watched Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon from a young age and then one day a couple of years back decided i wanted to watch the Dragon Ball series again and just looked into more and more anime! I've loved it ever since

I'm a child of the 80's so the first anime I watched was Slayers but I didn't know it was anime. I didn't know what anime was until I was in collage and a friend of mine asked me to download a few series for him. I got curious about what he was making such a fuss over and gave it a watch. Chobits was the series that got me hooked. Dove in head first discovered manga, the cons, the goodies.... Been in it ever since.

kadenmire said:
I'm a child of the 80's so the first anime I watched was Slayers but I didn't know it was anime. I didn't know what anime was until I was in collage and a friend of mine asked me to download a few series for him. I got curious about what he was making such a fuss over and gave it a watch. Chobits was the series that got me hooked. Dove in head first discovered manga, the cons, the goodies.... Been in it ever since.

me too kadenmire.
i was born in 1984 and i like anime a lot and i remember chobits too. it's sweet . i watched slayers too. do you like comedy anime?

[quote="kadenmire" pid='220370' dateline='1601920878']
Yep. I like a little of everything very eclectic taste really but comedy especially the ecchi ones are my favorite.
[/quote]

oh i see
that's all good then and sometimes i watch many of those things myself like very old ones too.

Back