High school of the dead review

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
[size=xx-large][font=Hind, sans-serif]Anime review - Highschool of the dead[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Hind, sans-serif]Highschool of the dead is japans first take on the zombie apocalypse genre.It's starts off with a single zombie entering the grounds of the main character's school and biting it's first victim.Within minutes the entire school is swarmed with the undead.The story is a typical one which follows 5 students along with their school nurse as they battle to survive the hordes of the undead.Let me first point out that if you're expecting a deep,emotional or thought provoking story then you are a *BEEP* LEMON.The anime is nothing but tits,guns,explosions,gore and pure mindless over the top action.[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Hind, sans-serif]The main characters include a bland generic spiky haired main character,a fat stereotypical gun geek,and fanservice girls number 1,2,3 and 4.This show really has an obscene amount of fan service.You cannot watch more than a few minutes of this show without getting bombarded by boob and panty shots.The 3 highschool girls exist almost solely to fight while striking the most revealing position possible while wearing the bare minimum amount of clothing.The school nurse however is a useless walking pair of boobies.As if this wasn't enough.The creators decided to add a needless bath scene in episode 4 which served no purpose whatsoever in progressing the plot.[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Hind, sans-serif]The story while nothing original,is actually pretty decent.It shows quite realistically what would happen if a zombie apocalypse actually happened and how society would break down.Although unfortunately only a small portion of the show is dedicated to showing this.Whatever seriousness this show has usually gets lost because even in scenes like these the creators didn't abstain from adding the damn fanservice.The action scenes in this anime are so over the top it looks like it's been programmed in the god damn matrix.The characters while shallow at first,do get some development and personality later on.But it's almost wasted because the anime is only 12 episodes long and has no proper ending.There probably won't be a season 2 because although I hear it was successful in the west,it flopped in japan.
It has an OVA episode too which is basically just hentai.Our 7 main characters find themselves on an island free from zombies,have a party,when night falls,they accidentally burn a plant that causes them to get high,and you can guess what happens during the rest of the night.*wink wink*[/font][/size]

[size=small][font=Hind, sans-serif]Story gets a 6/10
Animation gets a 9/10.Studio madhouse again the same guys who animated death note lol
Characters get 6.5/10
Action gets a 8/10
Dub or sub? It's been a long time so I don't remember the voices.But I hear the sub has better voices and acting while the dub doesn't take itself too seriously and is overall more fun to watch.
Overall I give it a 7/10[/font][/size]

[size=small][font=Hind, sans-serif]This is the kind of anime you watch with your brain turned off and enjoy it for what it is.If you liked HOTD,you'll probably also like Black lagoon.It's has similar over the top action with swearing,guns,explosions and badass chicks.It's even been animated by the same studio.[/font][/size]

I am so sowwy @BurnsyCEO  we can't find your review anywhere...but we have secured your other reviews...

http://animemangaforum.com/thread-8761.html

Sorry about that bunny chan

[size=small]@BurnsyCEO Here you go.[/size]

[size=small][size=xx-large]Anime review - Highschool of the dead[/size]
[size=small]Highschool of the dead is japans first take on the zombie apocalypse genre.It's starts off with a single zombie entering the grounds of the main character's school and biting it's first victim.Within minutes the entire school is swarmed with the undead.The story is a typical one which follows 5 students along with their school nurse as they battle to survive the hordes of the undead.Let me first point out that if you're expecting a deep,emotional or thought provoking story then you are a *BEEP* LEMON.The anime is nothing but tits,guns,explosions,gore and pure mindless over the top action.[/size]
[size=small]The main characters include a bland generic spiky haired main character,a fat stereotypical gun geek,and fanservice girls number 1,2,3 and 4.This show really has an obscene amount of fan service.You cannot watch more than a few minutes of this show without getting bombarded by boob and panty shots.The 3 highschool girls exist almost solely to fight while striking the most revealing position possible while wearing the bare minimum amount of clothing.The school nurse however is a useless walking pair of boobies.As if this wasn't enough.The creators decided to add a needless bath scene in episode 4 which served no purpose whatsoever in progressing the plot.[/size]
[size=small]The story while nothing original,is actually pretty decent.It shows quite realistically what would happen if a zombie apocalypse actually happened and how society would break down.Although unfortunately only a small portion of the show is dedicated to showing this.Whatever seriousness this show has usually gets lost because even in scenes like these the creators didn't abstain from adding the damn fanservice.The action scenes in this anime are so over the top it looks like it's been programmed in the god damn matrix.The characters while shallow at first,do get some development and personality later on.But it's almost wasted because the anime is only 12 episodes long and has no proper ending.There probably won't be a season 2 because although I hear it was successful in the west,it flopped in japan.
It has an OVA episode too which is basically just hentai.Our 7 main characters find themselves on an island free from zombies,have a party,when night falls,they accidentally burn a plant that causes them to get high,and you can guess what happens during the rest of the night.*wink wink*[/size]
[size=small]Story gets a 6/10
Animation gets a 9/10.Studio madhouse again the same guys who animated death note lol
Characters get 6.5/10
Action gets a 8/10
Dub or sub? It's been a long time so I don't remember the voices.But I hear the sub has better voices and acting while the dub doesn't take itself too seriously and is overall more fun to watch.
Overall I give it a 7/10[/size]
[size=small]This is the kind of anime you watch with your brain turned off and enjoy it for what it is.If you liked HOTD,you'll probably also like Black lagoon.It's has similar over the top action with swearing,guns,explosions and badass chicks.It's even been animated by the same studio.[/size]

[/size]

- BurnsyCEO

[quote="BurnsyCEO" pid='79396' dateline='1506022528']
Thats because you didn't import it to the site on purpose.
[/quote]

You got your review now kiddo >.>

[quote="ScarletSaber" pid='79398' dateline='1506038511']

[size=small]Highschool of the dead is japans first take on the zombie apocalypse genre.It's starts off with a single zombie entering the grounds of the main character's school and biting it's first victim.Within minutes the entire school is swarmed with the undead.The story is a typical one which follows 5 students along with their school nurse as they battle to survive the hordes of the undead.Let me first point out that if you're expecting a deep,emotional or thought provoking story then you are a *BEEP* LEMON.The anime is nothing but tits,guns,explosions,gore and pure mindless over the top action.[/size]
[size=small]The main characters include a bland generic spiky haired main character,a fat stereotypical gun geek,and fanservice girls number 1,2,3 and 4.This show really has an obscene amount of fan service.You cannot watch more than a few minutes of this show without getting bombarded by boob and panty shots.The 3 highschool girls exist almost solely to fight while striking the most revealing position possible while wearing the bare minimum amount of clothing.The school nurse however is a useless walking pair of boobies.As if this wasn't enough.The creators decided to add a needless bath scene in episode 4 which served no purpose whatsoever in progressing the plot.[/size]
[size=small]The story while nothing original,is actually pretty decent.It shows quite realistically what would happen if a zombie apocalypse actually happened and how society would break down.Although unfortunately only a small portion of the show is dedicated to showing this.Whatever seriousness this show has usually gets lost because even in scenes like these the creators didn't abstain from adding the damn fanservice.The action scenes in this anime are so over the top it looks like it's been programmed in the god damn matrix.The characters while shallow at first,do get some development and personality later on.But it's almost wasted because the anime is only 12 episodes long and has no proper ending.There probably won't be a season 2 because although I hear it was successful in the west,it flopped in japan.
It has an OVA episode too which is basically just hentai.Our 7 main characters find themselves on an island free from zombies,have a party,when night falls,they accidentally burn a plant that causes them to get high,and you can guess what happens during the rest of the night.*wink wink*[/size]
Characters get 6.5/10
Action gets a 8/10
[size=small]This is the kind of anime you watch with your brain turned off and enjoy it for what it is.If you liked HOTD,you'll probably also like Black lagoon.It's has similar over the top action with swearing,guns,explosions and badass chicks.It's even been animated by the same studio.[/size]

[/size]

- BurnsyCEO
[/quote]

From where did you get that review ototo?

[size=small]Highschool of the dead is japans first take on the zombie apocalypse genre.It's starts off with a single zombie entering the grounds of the main character's school and biting it's first victim.Within minutes the entire school is swarmed with the undead.The story is a typical one which follows 5 students along with their school nurse as they battle to survive the hordes of the undead.Let me first point out that if you're expecting a deep,emotional or thought provoking story then you are a FUCKING LEMON.The anime is nothing but tits,guns,explosions,gore and pure mindless over the top action.[/size]
Characters get 6.5/10
Action gets a 8/10

[/size]

- BurnsyCEO

Wow never thought I'd see it again. But why do you have it saved... Oh right STALKER :huh:

BurnsyCEO said:
Wow never thought I'd see it again. But why do you have it saved... Oh right STALKER :huh:

LOL....you should be grateful to her as she saved your awesome review there >.>

Back