Hello from Singapore

Blackangel said:
to be perfectly honest, i would never recommend it to anyone
it made me feel bad for days after reading it, but i had to read it till the end and then i swore i wouldn't pick up some manga again. it went beyond a normal horror manga.
are you sure, you still want to read it?

Yes! The more I hear what you say about it, the more I wanna read it. lol I love that kind of disturbing story.

SpideyWrex said:
Yes! The more I hear what you say about it, the more I wanna read it. lol I love that kind of disturbing story.

as a woman i couldn't take all that
it's a bl story and there isn't much content but i think you should know it

Welcome man.
That's a cool intro you got there. I like psychological anime too. You watched Vampire knight?

Kaname said:
Welcome man.
That's a cool intro you got there. I like psychological anime too. You watched Vampire knight?

Thanks.

I haven't seen Vampire Knight, but some of the reviews on MAL don't seem to be that favorable, making it seem like some shoujo series with pretty boys. lol

SpideyWrex said:
Yeah, I really don't like shounen anime like One Piece and Bleach and Naruto and Dragon Ball... or even Hunter x Hunter.. Hope we could get along regardless.

Regarding Blood+, well, like I said, it's one of those rare occasions that I watch it because of the compelling characters or plot. It's emotional and melancholic enough for me. I love my sad anime.

I see
What about Boku no hero academia and comedy anime like Saiki kusuo?

[quote="SpideyWrex" pid='191228' dateline='1586273956']

Never really watched either of those, but BnHA seems like yet another battle shounen where the characters fight some bad guy and get power-ups. I don't really enjoy that kind of storyline. In terms of comedy, I do enjoy some slapstick comedies like Gintama, Nichijou and Plastic Nee-san, but they have to have either clever jokes or very exaggerated humor like Nichijou:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FU0uqjIfD4[/video]
[/quote]

I see
Do give Kyou Kara Ore Wa a try. It's got don't unique comedy and you might like it. But the art isn't that great.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see
Do give Kyou Kara Ore Wa a try. It's got don't unique comedy and you might like it. But the art isn't that great.

lol That looks great. I could understand why the art isn't the best, considering it's from the '90s, but the premise sounds pretty interested. Added it to my list. I usually enjoy older anime, so I'm sure I'll like this one.

SpideyWrex said:
lol That looks great. I could understand why the art isn't the best, considering it's from the '90s, but the premise sounds pretty interested. Added it to my list. I usually enjoy older anime, so I'm sure I'll like this one.

Older anime.. like SDF Macross?

SpideyWrex said:

That's great
Then do give Seirei no moribito a try. It's got great story and it's not a very long anime

[quote="SpideyWrex" pid='191236' dateline='1586279144']

Not that old, but sure. lol I meant like '90s or 2000s anime.

Added it to the list, but I must say... not a fan of high fantasy, meaning stories set in medieval times or character with fantasy clothing.
[/quote]

I see
Well, you most still like Seirei no moribito as it's a little different :D
Do you like sports anime?

Welcome to MAF, SpideyWrex.
That's certainly an unusual username. I had to Google Wrex to know a little, about your username.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Do you like sports anime?

Nah. I think that's one of my most disliked genres of anime and movies, ever. lol I hate sports in real life and in fiction.

I did enjoy the Speed RacerSpeed Racer for bringing the spirit of shounen anime (and all its familiar elements) to live action Hollywood.

Claraviolet said:
Welcome to MAF, SpideyWrex.
That's certainly an unusual username. I had to Google Wrex to know a little, about your username.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's based on the Mass Effect

SpideyWrex said:
Nah. I think that's one of my most disliked genres of anime and movies, ever. lol I hate sports in real life and in fiction.

I did enjoy the Speed RacerSpeed Racer for bringing the spirit of shounen anime (and all its familiar elements) to live action Hollywood.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's based on the Mass Effect

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see
Well then I suppose you must not have watched Haikyuu. Try One outs anime as well. Even though it's a sports anime, it gives more importance to gambling

Does it require knowledge of baseball jargon? Because that's the reason why I got so bored watching "Ookiku Furikabutte" and dropped it. Baseball isn't really a national sport in Singapore (soccer is, or as we like to call it, "football"), so I'm not familiar with a lot of the terms in the sport. It got so annoying when the anime used all these unfamiliar words and expected me to understand what's going on.

SpideyWrex said:
Does it require knowledge of baseball jargon? Because that's the reason why I got so bored watching "Ookiku Furikabutte" and dropped it. Baseball isn't really a national sport in Singapore (soccer is, or as we like to call it, "football"), so I'm not familiar with a lot of the terms in the sport. It got so annoying when the anime used all these unfamiliar words and expected me to understand what's going on.
no it won't
we do a group watch here sometimes, and it got picked.
everyone here loved it and i am sure you are going to love it a lot spidey.
is it alright, if i call you that? spidey?

Back