Hayao Miyazaki

Sharon

What is your favorite Hayao Miyazaki film?  

Mine would have to be a toss up between Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service.  I love these movies so much. I've got both on DVD but when I can find them at a better price I would like to upgrade to the blu-ray versions. :)

I still have many to watch.
princess Mononoke has a special place because I watched with my father and he loved it.
Spirit Away is probably one of my favourites along with Arrietty.
I have yet to watch other classics like Laputa in the sky, flying castle, Porco Rosso, Kiki's delivery service, etc.

There is one movie that I just could not get myself to like even though it got many GOOD raving reviews. The movie is called The Wind Rises. It's a shame that I didn't like it because it received many awards. I can definitely appreciate the art though. Miyazaki I agree creates masterpieces.

I've never watched to either one of his works since I really can't stand him. He said that Otaku are the bane of anime. I also dislike so much his animations and the voice actress/actors he uses to dub them. I know that his animes are really famous all around the World, and there are also the Italian dub versions of them all but I won't watch them.

Daexto95 said:
I've never watched to either one of his works since I really can't stand him. He said that Otaku are the bane of anime. I also dislike so much his animations and the voice actress/actors he uses to dub them. I know that his animes are really famous all around the World, and there are also the Italian dub versions of them all but I won't watch them.

how can someone say that and to think he he made animations is just weird. i didn't know that he is famous but someone like him shouldn't be popular at all

Back