Have you ever watched an anime or read a manga that doesn't have a score on mal?

I probably knew about it cause I saw it in the past (many years ago), but I don't visit it. Who runs that site?
no idea but it's way bigger than any other anime community with probably over thousands of users.

why are you so against them? i thought it's just mal you dislike
I just don’t use them. I don’t dislike MAL outside of them review bombing anything that reaches #1.

My criticism has more to do with how you guys worship the site like it’s word of god. You guys portrayed yourself like “Woah, MAL says this show is 7.5, I can’t deviate from what it says”.

I just don’t use them. I don’t dislike MAL outside of them review bombing anything that reaches #1.

My criticism has more to do with how you guys worship the site like it’s word of god. You guys portrayed yourself like “Woah, MAL says this show is 7.5, I can’t deviate from what it says”.
lol i get that.
for us it's like, if so many people liked it then it's got something and if many people disliked something then it's nothing much lol

lol i get that.
for us it's like, if so many people liked it then it's got something and if many people disliked something then it's nothing much lol
The thing is, you guys are always going “but MAL says this, MAL says that!”. It’s like you don’t have an opinion, your opinion is parroting MAL. I asked you for your opinion, not MAL’s opinion. If I wanted to know what MAL thinks, I’ll just go to MAL. That’s the entire point of asking for someone’s opinion.

Then there were the countless threads about how you score things on MAL and how serious you take it.

Back