Have you ever triggered fire alarm by accident?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
When we were trying to replace the batteries... Tried to unscrew the other device... And that triggered the alarm.
I was like how do I stop this noise.... But after the device been reattached, everyone got quite after a while.
So did you guys experience anything similar to that? (_ _)/

Aside from accidentally triggering mine if I am cooking something and it has gone off due to being overly sensitive or accidentally triggering it when I have been changing out the batteries I can't say I have ever done it otherwise.

The ones you get in public places such as stores and schools or colleges are the ones that I am always wary about going near. I always try to steer clear of them as I worry I will accidentally set them off by accident.

On the last unit I used to live at, our alarm was pretty sensitive, so I was cooking sausages or something, my housemate had to pretty much be at the ready with a towel next to the alarm because otherwise I would go out even with the window and doors open in the kitchen. 😆

Other than that I can't recall other fire alarms I've triggered. Fingers crossed.

On the last unit I used to live at, our alarm was pretty sensitive, so I was cooking sausages or something, my housemate had to pretty much be at the ready with a towel next to the alarm because otherwise I would go out even with the window and doors open in the kitchen. 😆

Other than that I can't recall other fire alarms I've triggered. Fingers crossed.
lol kay
that would have been funny and i wish i had seen it lol. but alarms shouldn't be overly senstitive.
that's just my opinion lol

Not a fire alarm but once when my wife's mother was on vacation they asked me to water the plants and feed the cat. I apparently got the code wrong and the alarm went off. The security company called the house number and I answered. They asked for a passcode and I told them I didn't know I was just there to water the plants and feed the cat. Lucky for me while I was on the phone with them they also called their cell phone and they told them it was ok so I didn't end up getting arrested.

Not a fire alarm but once when my wife's mother was on vacation they asked me to water the plants and feed the cat. I apparently got the code wrong and the alarm went off. The security company called the house number and I answered. They asked for a passcode and I told them I didn't know I was just there to water the plants and feed the cat. Lucky for me while I was on the phone with them they also called their cell phone and they told them it was ok so I didn't end up getting arrested.
that must have been crazy lol.

May be when I was a kid.
I don't remember doing it that I have memories of.

Back