Haikyuu Episodes 11-20 Discussion

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
With the team formed, Karasuno heads to a practice match with Nekoma. I was really surprised when Nekoma's blocker successfully blocks him each time. They eventually lose both sets and head to the Inter-High. While the first match was alright, the second match vs Dateko was great, especially since Asahi has some history with them. Plus, Haikyuu constantly playing a joke on the grunt exerting great sportsmanship was great. The match that we've actually been waiting for, Aoba vs Karasuna, starts in episode 19, and the winner of the first set isn't yet shown.
What was your favourite match so far?

from 5 episodes to 10 episodes. that's a big leap. i didn't like nekoma team much at first. dateko team is good and i like that captain too. my favorite match is with dateko

I find discussing 5 episodes to be tough because there's not a lot wrong with this anime. If it at least had been somewhat flawed, I'd have been able to post a lot. The other thing is even the good stuff with it are really obvious.
Plus it's around the end of the month so I thought it's better to get it over with, especially since these threads aren't getting a lot of replies.
I liked Nekoma a lot since they seemed like a well-rounded balanced team. I really liked the OVA they made focusing on them. It was really funny. As far my favourite match, so far in this series, I can't choose between the one with Nekoma and the one with Dateko.

MadaraUchiha said:
I find discussing 5 episodes to be tough because there's not a lot wrong with this anime. If it at least had been somewhat flawed, I'd have been able to post a lot. The other thing is even the good stuff with it are really obvious.
Plus it's around the end of the month so I thought it's better to get it over with, especially since these threads aren't getting a lot of replies.
I liked Nekoma a lot since they seemed like a well-rounded balanced team. I really liked the OVA they made focusing on them. It was really funny. As far my favourite match, so far in this series, I can't choose between the one with Nekoma and the one with Dateko.

i replied to your threads but they are not acknowledged. may be for sports anime there isn't much to discuss and i understand it

SecretWish said:
i replied to your threads but they are not acknowledged. may be for sports anime there isn't much to discuss and i understand it

I didn't say there was no reply. I only said there wasn't a lot of replies. We should probably choose a story-driven anime from next time, though I'm not opposed to watching Haikyuu season 2 next month.

MadaraUchiha said:
I didn't say there was no reply. I only said there wasn't a lot of replies. We should probably choose a story-driven anime from next time, though I'm not opposed to watching Haikyuu season 2 next month.

I concur this. Even though it's not much to discuss... It's a great anime. I never thought sports anime can be interesting like this :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
I concur this. Even though it's not much to discuss... It's a great anime. I never thought sports anime can be interesting like this :D

My only question is whether we should include Haikyuu season 3 along with this because while it's just 10 episodes, the overall count comes to 35. 10 is something that won't take more than 4 hours, but people are busy.

MadaraUchiha said:
My only question is whether we should include Haikyuu season 3 along with this because while it's just 10 episodes, the overall count comes to 35. 10 is something that won't take more than 4 hours, but people are busy.

As we are creating al... It wouldn't be unfair.
So I recommend adding it as well... But of course it's not my call to make :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
As we are creating al... It wouldn't be unfair.
So I recommend adding it as well... But of course it's not my call to make :D

Creating al?
I'll ask it in the recommendation thread I guess.

MadaraUchiha said:
Creating al?
I'll ask it in the recommendation thread I guess.

Creating a poll...I shouldn't have posted it without proof reading it.
That would be the best course of action :D

MadaraUchiha said:

weren't we watching all the seasons for this anime? why would you stop after watching one season or 2?

SecretWish said:
weren't we watching all the seasons for this anime? why would you stop after watching one season or 2?

We are watching one season per month, that was how it was put in the poll and recommendations thread.
Watching 60 episodes in a month is impossible for a lot of people here.

MadaraUchiha said:
We are watching one season per month, that was how it was put in the poll and recommendations thread.
Watching 60 episodes in a month is impossible for a lot of people here.

i would have watched it if everyone else wanted to do it like that. i understand that watching 2 episodes a day can be hard but not hard enough to be impossible. you have to agree with that

SecretWish said:
i would have watched it if everyone else wanted to do it like that. i understand that watching 2 episodes a day can be hard but not hard enough to be impossible. you have to agree with that

Sure but people can also be busy or they can be watching other series.
I finished season 1 this Saturday and because of of that I had the time to catch up to ongoing anime, and resume the Monogatari series.

MadaraUchiha said:
Sure but people can also be busy or they can be watching other series.
I finished season 1 this Saturday and because of of that I had the time to catch up to ongoing anime, and resume the Monogatari series.

i didn't think people would be watching other series without completing the group watch series first .

SecretWish said:
i didn't think people would be watching other series without completing the group watch series first .

I don't think people care about group watch series like that to prioritise it. I didn't start Haikyuu until I finished Serial Experiments Lain and Owari no Seraph Season 2. And I ended up finishing it because it was great. And I still haven't completed Katanagatari.
Asking people to dedicate all their time to one series for an entire month is a big ask. I know I wouldn't do that.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't think people care about group watch series like that to prioritise it. I didn't start Haikyuu until I finished Serial Experiments Lain and Owari no Seraph Season 2. And I ended up finishing it because it was great. And I still haven't completed Katanagatari.
Asking people to dedicate all their time to one series for an entire month is a big ask. I know I wouldn't do that.

i will like a fool to watch them first. i tried to finish them before moving onto my webtoons and preferred anime. i was thinking it's the same for everyone

SecretWish said:
i will like a fool to watch them first. i tried to finish them before moving onto my webtoons and preferred anime. i was thinking it's the same for everyone

There wasn't any rule like that, no was forcing you to watch it first and you have your own free will so I don't know why you assumed something like that.

Back