Godaddy hosting services.

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I don't really recommend godaddy hosting to others.OPF suffered three weeks downtime and we've lost so many users.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]So,if you ever want to host a site or forum,don't even think about godaddy services.[/font]

I did try them out once, but I only spent a few hours in the cpanel alone and I knew it wasn't going to work out.

3 weeks downtime? That's totally unbelievable for a hosting company! Surely users could also hit them for not providing the service they are paying for haha.

They suck really, they give out attractive offers but they are really bad in their services.

Jason said:
They suck really, they give out attractive offers but they are really bad in their services.

Signature advertising isn't allowed in OPF.Would you mind editing your signature?

I've tried godaddy hsting and it was unusable for forums. It was so slow you could'n access most of the time.
Worth to spend extra and get fast servers and amazing technical support.
I almost lost my site when infected on godaddy.

C1REX said:
I've tried godaddy hsting and it was unusable for forums. It was so slow you could'n access most of the time.
Worth to spend extra and get fast servers and amazing technical support.
I almost lost my site when infected on godaddy.

That's really sad to hear :(
So,did you switch your hosting provider then?

I totally agree with this. I would recommend a site like Media Temple or Host Gator.

Kasem said:
I totally agree with this. I would recommend a site like Media Temple or Host Gator.

Hostgator was good but not anymore(according to some peer-to-peer reviews).

Star_Of_Hope said:
Jason said:

Signature advertising isn't allowed in OPF.Would you mind editing your signature?

Sorry about that i have removed it, disabling signature link or putting a group restriction will avoid future problems. Thanks!

I have never hosted a domain with Go Daddy before, I signed up but it was just too complicative and very buggy. I use Name Cheap which is so much better, and 'cheaper'.

Redcap said:
I have never hosted a domain with Go Daddy before, I signed up but it was just too complicative and very buggy. I use Name Cheap which is so much better, and 'cheaper'.

How is namecheap's hosting? Is it really that good?

Demon_skeith said:
Redcap said:

It's pretty reliable, cheap & fast. It was a very good experience.

Redcap said:
Demon_skeith said:
Redcap said:

It's pretty reliable, cheap & fast. It was a very good experience.

thanks, I'll keep them in mind if I need to change again.

Back