GDPR stuff -.-"

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Well, some of you guys are well versed in these things. I have been getting notifications from Google Adsense about this.
I kinda looked into Consent Management Platform (CMP) and they are expensive -_-" It's 40 USD a month and not to mention that MAF is at an all time low in statistics at the moment.
I did change our cookies consent to advanced status to give you guys an idea about the cookie layering.

Now, what we have in MAF is just a regular forum....so
1. Do we need to purchase a Consent Management Platform (CMP) plan for GDPR compliance or will the advanced Xenforo cookie consent would do the trick?
2. If we need a CMP, any idea if we could choose an open software like Klaro or do you think it could be risky and we need to monitor the settings and changes from time to time?
@Burnsy @Grungie @MoonlightShadow @DarkAngel @Uncrowned @kadenmire @Kaynil @MadaraUchiha

I registered to help you with this:

For Google Adsense, it should be enough to do this:

Add something like this to the consent notice itself:

Please note that we may serve ads by via Google AdSense, and cookies may be used for personalisation of these ads to make them more relevant. These are optional and you can choose to enable/disable any such cookies in your preferences:

Add this to the Cookie policy (which must be linked in the consent notice)

Advertising​

Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this site. For full list see below.

Google's use of the advertising cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the internet. The Personal Data collected are Tracker, Usage Data, as stated in their Privacy & Terms

Users may opt out of the use of the advertising cookie for interest-based advertising in their Cookie preferences

That should do it. If not, there is a contact email and they are usually pretty fast in helping with what's wrong.

I registered to help you with this:

For Google Adsense, it should be enough to do this:

Add something like this to the consent notice itself:

Add this to the Cookie policy (which must be linked in the consent notice)

That should do it. If not, there is a contact email and they are usually pretty fast in helping with what's wrong.
Thank you so much Aerodynamic :)
I was kinda stressed about it. Once again, thank you ^-^/

You can also sign up for Adsense's built-in consent if you are using Google Tags. It certainly should not cost you money and @Aerodynamic pretty much nailed it. Hopefully XF will add some more tools in the near future to make the process a bit easier.

i think you got the answers already clarie
but it's mostly about cookies and how you store that browsing information from what i remember lol

even after i accept the cookies, i am getting continuous prompts in the themehouse theme clarie
please look into it

You won't get the renumeration for the visitors of EU if you don't do this.
It's not too important to get stressed over and you are not making anything. So, why bother?

you have been saying that for months clarie
both you and star and we don't see any activity from the admins at all
Well, there are way too many changes.
Hmm it's just that, we got too much stuff to do at the moment.

Back