Fruits Basket, has anyone read it?

Naiwen

I’ve read it all and loved it. I even have the whole series at home but hate the anime.

Grungie said:
What are your thoughts on the anime remake?
There's a remake? Link please? If there is one, then I haven't even heard about it, let alone seen it.

Naiwen said:
There's a remake? Link please? If there is one, then I haven't even heard about it, let alone seen it.
Just google Fruits Basket 2019. Season 1 ended last year, and season 2 is airing right now.

Demon_skeith said:
I haven't read it, but I really do want to check out the anime consider all the hype about it.
Watch the remake since they're actually going to finish the series this time. Some of the comedy is kind of dated, but it's to be expected from a series from the late 90s.

I will say the dub hit me in my middle to high school nostalgia, because they reprised most of the original cast. It's like I took a time machine back to hearing half the cast of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Grungie said:
Watch the remake since they're actually going to finish the series this time. Some of the comedy is kind of dated, but it's to be expected from a series from the late 90s.

I will say the dub hit me in my middle to high school nostalgia, because they reprised most of the original cast. It's like I took a time machine back to hearing half the cast of Yu Yu Hakusho.
I have been trying to watch this for a long time.
It's very popular and I love Yu yu hakusho. I didn't know the same cast is in Fruits basket remake too.

I prefer to watch it subbed myself. Think I'll wait till it finishes airing completely to watch it. Can't stand waiting a week for the next episode at all. I've no patience for waiting time between episodes for TV shows or anime.

When this first came out, I thought they misspelled it with the 's' on Fruit. While I haven’t read the manga, I have watched the series. I’m always curious of how people who read as well as watch mangas compare with the other one. Do you prefer this series in print or on screen?

I've read the manga and liked it. The original anime was ok but lacking the remake stays much closer to the manga and is really well done.

Back