Food Wars, Toradora

I haven't watched food wars even though I have heard a lot about it.
It's just not to my liking. 
I did watch one punch man and it's an okay anime. I would probably watch the second season too.

It really depends. JC Staff usually pump out 2 or more anime per season, so it's about which anime they are focusing on. For example, Food Wars seasons 1 and 2 have very good animation quality because at that time it was the adaptation of a hot and popular Jump manga. Both seasons ended up being two of my favourites. But, the animation quality dropped severely in season 3 part 1 and the on-going part 2 because that's not their main focus. This is just me theorizing.

As far as One Punch Man goes, it actually didn't have a huge budget, it was just directed and managed smartly. There are lots of scenes in which there isn't really a lot of animation, but the frames are drawn well so they are able to mask it and because of that you get the insane quality during actions scenes. One reason for the insane quality is because Madhouse outsourced a lot of scenes to Studio Bones, which as you know is probably the King when it comes to animating action. For example, one of the most prolific animators out there, Yutaka Nakamura(from Studio Bones) animated this scene from One Punch Man:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/1d610058cbd119e5df11bfd3267631c6.mp4

To put things into context, I'll give you the latest work he did, this scene from My Hero Academia Season 3:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/6437aca72ef05ddfb37cd29555ad6b34.mp4

All I'm trying to tell you is to watch season 2 with an open mind and don't expect insane stuff because the ones who actually animated season 1, the people from Madhouse, Bones etc are exceptionally talented.

honestly it has been looking great so far, they do use cheap CGI for large character scenes but when it comes to the food scenes, its pretty high quality.

SecretWish said:
did you complete watching it? there will be a new season soon and you can look forward to it.

I need to watch the latest season yet, which for some odd reason Funimation didn't simul dub it.

Demon_skeith said:
I need to watch the latest season yet, which for some odd reason Funimation didn't simul dub it.

i didn't know about it. usually the anime i saw always have subs.
i thought that's how they are produced

Back