FL CL

Matthew

FL CL or Fooly Cooly is an anime that literally occurred over a 6 episode span. What do you feel Fooly Cooly was about? My best friend says that there's more packed into those 6 episodes than the entire timeline of One Piece. Share your thoughts on FL CL as I'm curious what your take is on this interesting anime.

I don't think there were that much packed in that anime. It is pretty episodic too. But I don't feel it needs to have a lot to be good. You know sometimes people ask whether or not anime is art? What they mean is, when you produce something to appeal to a certain audience, to have commercial success, when you copy tropes and tricks from older shows and use generic story-lines and archetype characters - can you still call it art, or is it just a manufacturing? So coming back to FLCL I think on manufacturing to art scale it is much closer to art than a normal anime. It tells a story of growing up and it does it in a very unusual and unexpected manner. Also it is just a funny show to watch.

By judging your post, I can see that you didn't see that anime.
If you didn't watch that anime, why did you make this thread?

Since we're speculating, it could be OP learned by a friend about it and wanted some opinions even though he hasn't watched it yet.

Anyway, I've heard of furee-kuree before, but I haven't really watched it.
I had no idea it was that short. I might check it out sometime.

i have been meaning to watch this but i never got the time. i am reading many reviews and everyone said it's really good. if only it's a very short anime, i would have completed watching it

Angel said:
i have been meaning to watch this but i never got the time. i am reading many reviews and everyone said it's really good. if only it's a very short anime, i would have completed watching it

You should certainly watch it.
It's worth the time.

Has anyone been keeping up with season 3? Not much action but the slice of life story going on is really good.

Back