Finding Anime

Alexander

So, how do you find new anime to watch? Do you talk to your friends or family in real life, who have like-minded interests for suggestions? Perhaps you use forums like this one or other social networking websites?

I chat with friends and visit the forums, but mostly I browse the what’s new lists on FUNimation, Hidive, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime. There used to be magazines like Otaku USA and Anime News network but they have gone digital so I fallow them online.

Generally just word-of-mouth through friends, but sometimes I'll just see a screenshot of something with a great artstyle and be super intrigued by that.

When I started I used to watch most of what people recommended plus trailers and AMVs and the like used to get my attention. Nowadays It's mostly name recognition and popularity which gets shows on my radar.

Alexander said:
So, how do you find new anime to watch? Do you talk to your friends or family in real life, who have like-minded interests for suggestions? Perhaps you use forums like this one or other social networking websites?

I have actually used some people's recommendations with some of the animation that I have watched but recently I'm making use of MAL listing to choose what to watch.

Back