Fairy Tail 2014 Review

MadaraUchiha said:
Haphazard development. See, the thing is not about whether she's useful are not. It's just that, characters like Ino or Shikamaru do more useful stuff, with less screen-time, while she barely does anything even though she's a main character. Plus, her mating with Sasuke? That's pretty abusive.
Even towards the end, she was being pathetic and cried and begged to Sasuke, asking him to come back. And, he put a genjutsu Chidori on her.

Girls aren't strong like boys and everyone knows that. Even ino cried at the beginning and we didn't get to see more of her, because of her character play in the plot. Do you know many strong female characters?

KuranKaname said:
Girls aren't strong like boys and everyone knows that. Even ino cried at the beginning and we didn't get to see more of her, because of her character play in the plot. Do you know many strong female characters?

I'm not asking her to be strong, nor do I think girls can't be strong. They certainly can be. It's about being a character of her own, instead of just being 'has a crush on Sasuke', or 'is Naruto's crush' throughout the series.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm not asking her to be strong, nor do I think girls can't be strong. They certainly can be. It's about being a character of her own, instead of just being 'has a crush on Sasuke', or 'is Naruto's crush' throughout the series.

She protected them during chunin exams and she cut her hair for them too. What more could you ask from her?

KuranKaname said:
She protected them during chunin exams and she cut her hair for them too. What more could you ask from her?

Precisely the point. Everything she does revolves around them. Both Naruto and Sasuke have a goal, to be acknowledged by everyone, and become the Hokage, and to get avenge the Uchiha to kill Itachi. What does Sakura want? To be Sasuke's girl?

MadaraUchiha said:
Precisely the point. Everything she does revolves around them. Both Naruto and Sasuke have a goal, to be acknowledged by everyone, and become the Hokage, and to get avenge the Uchiha to kill Itachi. What does Sakura want? To be Sasuke's girl?
Why are you so hard on her she plays a major role in the plot. Without her, Naruto wouldn't have gone after Sasuke. She learned medical ninjutsu from Tsunade to save lives

KuranKaname said:
Why are you so hard on her she plays a major role in the plot. Without her, Naruto wouldn't have gone after Sasuke. She learned medical ninjutsu from Tsunade to save lives

Healing people is her job. It's nothing special. Everybody did something during the war arc, apart from maybe Tenten.
I'm talking about the fact that she doesn't take any action when she could have. During the Zabuza arc, it's Naruto and Sasuke fighting, Sakura is simply standing. That's the same during the Chuunin exams. Her battle against Ino is probably the most stupid and idiotic in the entire exams. She doesn't take any initiative to bring Sasuke on her own, and cries and begs Naruto to do so.
Worst, she deceives Naruto by saying she loves him during the Gokage arc, and then incapacitates her friends who try to help her, and goes on and tries to kill Sasuke, only to end up almost getting killed by him.
I'm not hating on Sakura. I'm just saying that she's a badly written character. Just like a lot of other female characters in Naruto.

MadaraUchiha said:
Healing people is her job. It's nothing special. Everybody did something during the war arc, apart from maybe Tenten.
I'm talking about the fact that she doesn't take any action when she could have. During the Zabuza arc, it's Naruto and Sasuke fighting, Sakura is simply standing. That's the same during the Chuunin exams. Her battle against Ino is probably the most stupid and idiotic in the entire exams. She doesn't take any initiative to bring Sasuke on her own, and cries and begs Naruto to do so.
Worst, she deceives Naruto by saying she loves him during the Gokage arc, and then incapacitates her friends who try to help her, and goes on and tries to kill Sasuke, only to end up almost getting killed by him.
I'm not hating on Sakura. I'm just saying that she's a badly written character. Just like a lot of other female characters in Naruto.

During the battle with zabuza, there are only two enemies and haku is busy with others. Only zabuza and kakashi are there outside and they are not the opponents Sakura could take on. Are there any characters female, that you like in Naruto?

KuranKaname said:
During the battle with zabuza, there are only two enemies and haku is busy with others. Only zabuza and kakashi are there outside and they are not the opponents Sakura could take on. Are there any characters female, that you like in Naruto?

Sure, I agree, and in that aspect itself her writing failed. There should have been a level playing field, and from the start, it was shown as though Sasuke and Naruto are in a different level.
Hinata to some extent, she became more like-able mainly because of what she did during the Pain arc, when she charged into the battlefield against Pain, in a desperate attempt to save Naruto, even though she knew she stood no chance.

MadaraUchiha said:
Sure, I agree, and in that aspect itself her writing failed. There should have been a level playing field, and from the start, it was shown as though Sasuke and Naruto are in a different level.
Hinata to some extent, she became more like-able mainly because of what she did during the Pain arc, when she charged into the battlefield against Pain, in a desperate attempt to save Naruto, even though she knew she stood no chance.

she is as useless as sakura like you put it. hinata didn't do anything constructive for the story and she only created trouble for neji and naruto.

KuranKaname said:
she is as useless as sakura like you put it. hinata didn't do anything constructive for the story and she only created trouble for neji and naruto.

What did Sakura do when Pain arrived? She looked at the sky, cried out of her eyes, and begged for Naruto to come.
And, the thing is, Hinata is a supporting character, who doesn't have as much screen-time as her.

MadaraUchiha said:
What did Sakura do when Pain arrived? She looked at the sky, cried out of her eyes, and begged for Naruto to come.
And, the thing is, Hinata is a supporting character, who doesn't have as much screen-time as her.

Hinata is the wife of Naruto and that itself does that she isn't a supporting character. Sakura could never beat pain and she didn't like naruto

KuranKaname said:
Hinata is the wife of Naruto and that itself does that she isn't a supporting character. Sakura could never beat pain and she didn't like naruto

Screen-time matters. Hinata is hardly present until the war arc. Before that she's only used for the Byakugan.

MadaraUchiha said:
Screen-time matters. Hinata is hardly present until the war arc. Before that she's only used for the Byakugan.

Okay let's say Sakura is one the main protagonists given importance not than Hinata had then Tsunade didn't do anything big too. But you didn't blame get even though she is a hokage and the grand daughter of the first hokage

KuranKaname said:
Okay let's say Sakura is one the main protagonists given importance not than Hinata had then Tsunade didn't do anything big too. But you didn't blame get even though she is a hokage and the grand daughter of the first hokage

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='86495' dateline='1518262353']

When I said I liked Hinata, or any other main character, or when I said Sakura was useless, it's not about what they've accomplished. It's about whether they tried, when faced with adversity. Sakura almost always cries and begs Naruto for help. Tsunade gave her best and tried to fight Pein. She overcame her fear of blood and fought against Orochimaru. She tried to do what she could against Madara. 
And Tsunade didn't do anything? She literally saved everyone from dying during the Pein arc, when she used a variation of her summoning jutsu, and gave everyone a piece of the slug Katsuyu.
[/quote]

I don't get why you keep saying Tsunade is better than Sakura when sakura clearly surpassed Tsunade and she helped shinobi during the war times

KuranKaname said:
I don't get why you keep saying Tsunade is better than Sakura when sakura clearly surpassed Tsunade and she helped shinobi during the war times

You will if you at least try to read what I say. I repeated time and again, that Sakura contributed only towards the climax of the War arc. And, surpassing someone doesn't mean she's a good character. We are not talking about strength here.

Back