Episodes and ova... What do you prefer?

N

Nel

Ovas are generally small in number where as episodes are more. So I preferred episodes to get more feel of that anime. What about you?

In most anime, the episodes are the ones that closely follow the manga. It's the one that has the actual story. OVA's are nothing more than filler content. Sometimes, they provide full closure to the anime, like in the case of Steins;Gate, and in other instances they provide alternative endings. In most other cases, it's just like a one-shot manga, something that took place somewhere during the middle of the story, but, not part of the manga.
So, I prefer episodes to OVA.

MadaraUchiha said:
In most anime, the episodes are the ones that closely follow the manga. It's the one that has the actual story. OVA's are nothing more than filler content. Sometimes, they provide full closure to the anime, like in the case of Steins;Gate, and in other instances they provide alternative endings. In most other cases, it's just like a one-shot manga, something that took place somewhere during the middle of the story, but, not part of the manga.
So, I prefer episodes to OVA.

MadaraUchiha said:
Haven't seen it.

Try book of circus then. It's good

I didn't think the second anime is an ova . Then ovas won't ever get aired?

Nel said:
Try book of circus then. It's good

I didn't think the second anime is an ova . Then ovas won't ever get aired?

No, rather they aren't made to be aired. You see many theatrical movies airing on TV, but they are still movies, since they were produced to be shown in theaters. Same with OVAs =)

Sindar said:
No, rather they aren't made to be aired. You see many theatrical movies airing on TV, but they are still movies, since they were produced to be shown in theaters. Same with OVAs =)

Thank you. I didn't know that ova are not aired. May be that's why there are less ovas

Nel said:
Thank you. I didn't know that ova are not aired. May be that's why there are less ovas

Yeah, that is the reason =) It was viewed as an almost dying format. Though with crowdfunding and such maybe it can make a comeback.

Sindar said:
Yeah, that is the reason =) It was viewed as an almost dying format. Though with crowdfunding and such maybe it can make a comeback.

I thought they were done by fans as the story is different and all

Nel said:
I thought they were done by fans as the story is different and all
Nope. Also fan-made things don't even appear on MAL database, you can check it this way.

Sindar said:
Nope. Also fan-made things don't even appear on MAL database, you can check it this way.

Really? Okay. Thanks. I didn't know that much about mal

now i prefer episodes. ova are hard to find. i have tried finding Mo Dao Zu Shi anime ova episodes but i couldn't find them at all. it's hard to these now.

I always prefer episodes.
They are long and unlke OVA, we can know many things about the anime.

Back