Dubbing voices

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Most of the time I don't like dubbed voices and that's the reason why I avoid dubbed versions. Anyone here dislike dubbed voices like me?

I only watched a few dubs when I first started watching anime but now I only watch subs. Some dubs are decent but I'd rather subs over dubs now.

Risk said:
I only watched a few dubs when I first started watching anime but now I only watch subs. Some dubs are decent but I'd rather subs over dubs now.

Because there are more choices for anime? For me it's the voices as well as the wide variety of anime available as well

Claraviolet said:
Because there are more choices for anime? For me it's the voices as well as the wide variety of anime available as well

Same it took me a while to get into subs but they feel so natural now. Sometime I check out dubs again and they just aren't the same.

Funimation has been doing a great job with dubs in recent years. I plan to watch Black Clover in dub, because the Japanese voices are terrible.
But, yeah, I prefer subs over dubs. Mainly because subs come out sooner, and I don't wanna wait. But, if there's a dub for a finished that's considered to be as good or better than the Japanese, I watch it dubbed. 
I haven't watched any show in dubbed, other than FLCL. I also watched the dub version of Death Note and Steins Gate, after watching the sub version, and I liked them both.
I plan to watch Dragon Ball, DBZ and Super in dub, and Yuu Yuu Hakusho too.

Risk said:
Same it took me a while to get into subs but they feel so natural now. Sometime I check out dubs again and they just aren't the same.

Did you find it hard reading the sub and following the video?

Wait...a sec.. You said something about reading subs and following the video of a foreign language right kiddo? Then what about anime eh?

I try to watch most of my anime in english dub since its my native language, otherwise I'm trying to read and watch the screen at the same time, which series pending can be hard.

Claraviolet said:

Wait...a sec.. You said something about reading subs and following the video of a foreign language right kiddo? Then what about anime eh?

Yes, but the ones I watched initially had strong visuals, like Naruto, Death Note. And, I got used to both the medium, and the Japanese language. But, I'd still watch something good in Tamil over something good in English, and something good in English over everything else.
When you concentrate on the part of the screen that almost always has nothing going on visually, it's a waste to watch. I can read pretty quickly, so, I don't spend much time reading the subtitles.

Claraviolet said:

At first but now its super easy I don't even have to concentrate and i can read them just fine.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes, but the ones I watched initially had strong visuals, like Naruto, Death Note. And, I got used to both the medium, and the Japanese language. But, I'd still watch something good in Tamil over something good in English, and something good in English over everything else.
When you concentrate on the part of the screen that almost always has nothing going on visually, it's a waste to watch. I can read pretty quickly, so, I don't spend much time reading the subtitles.

I don't prefer my native language stuff at all. Most of the time, they are boring. The same old stupid romance, fights,.. Nothing much.
I am really fast at reading as I have been reading stuff since I was 7 or so
Risk said:
At first but now its super easy I don't even have to concentrate and i can read them just fine.

Yup. Did you leavl any Japanese words from watching anime?

Claraviolet said:
Yup. Did you leavl any Japanese words from watching anime?

Hmm, there is a few common ones they use a lot that I will notice when ever they say it.

Risk said:
Hmm, there is a few common ones they use a lot that I will notice when ever they say it.

^^
Anime sugoi desu ne. Atashi anime daisuki.

I learned basic stuff from anime :D

I never watched any dubbed anime and I got into subbed directly and never looked back for anything else. So I wouldn't know anything about those voices

KuranKaname said:
I never watched any dubbed anime and I got into subbed directly and never looked back for anything else. So I wouldn't know anything about those voices

Huh.. Well I guess that's a possibility too. I started with dubbed and then switched to subbed versions.

Back